« Home | Riddles » | Salmonella and 2 steps » | Nothing exciting to report » | I felt all "Dad like" :-) » | Is it bad? » | I'm baaaaaaaack » | Curtain Calls » | Missing my Euphonium » | Better » | ARGH! » 

Monday, June 26, 2006 

The Wedding

Thanks for asking Blue Blanket :-)

The wedding went off without a hitch! All was fantastic, as far as I can tell I sounded great, and there was probably nothing to worry about (though I will always worry and get nervous as hell!) Also, though I got NOTHING after the rehearsal on Friday, after the wedding when I was telling them congratulations he said he had something for me and later gave me a nice little envelope which contained $50! (yes!)

Good times for all :-D

On a side not having nothing to do with the wedding, we had our 5-year wedding anniversary on Friday! :-D Yay us, we're awesome! We got each other a Broadway cast recording we didn't have (I got her the 2-disc "Harry on Broadway Act 1" which contained 1. The Pajama Game revival that just won the Best Revival Tony Award and stars Harry Connick Jr. and Kelli O'Hara and 2. also has another disc of songs from Harry's not well received Broadway show he wrote a few years back called Thou Shalt Not it is songs from the show that he is singing himself and also cut songs from the show and Kelli O'Hara joined him for some of the songs as well. She got me The Drowsy Chaperone which is a fantastic new musical that should have won best musical (though Jersey Boys was also very deserving) but won for best featured actress and best book for Bob Martin (who was also a nominee for best actor in a musical because he also stars as the man in the chair (which is also interesting in my opinion that he was nominated for best actor in a musical when he in fact does not sing in the show at all)) it won for other Tony awards too but I'm too lazy to look them up. Anyway, love it, glad I have it, can't wait to listen to it on the way home!

But this is not the exciting thing or the reason I went on to type (though I did get a little off tangent when talking about broadway) we also got a grill!! WOOOHOOO!! I'm so excited to have a grill! I'm going to grill all the time. I LOVE grilled burgers, hot dogs, brats, chicken, etc. V should be getting a propane take today, since it's a gas grill, it was on sale at Target for $84 and then we got 10% off because V works there, so it was quite the deal!



That's what it looks like.

So there we go, that was my weekend! How was yours?

I'm glad the gig went well! I saw a play this weekend for the first time in a LONG time (A Murder, A Marriage & A Mystery at the Round House Theatre in Bethesda, MD if you want to look it up) and it was FABULOUS. I really need to go to see live stuff more often - I really, really enjoyed myself!!!

yay! I'm glad you had a good time. Live theatre is a very special thing :-) I have done three murder mystery shows and they're SUCH a blast!!

I have a soft spot in my heart for the Pajama Game and all the songs in that play.

GRILL: awesome. Please have V get me some propane too? We are OUT and pretty much all the food we have in the freezer is 'grilling' food! :)

hehe ;-) I'll have her drop some by your place later today ;-) Hell, I would have her do that if we didn't live so far away!!

Awww...I was just going to tell you a place I was at recently since it was near your homestead, but you don't want those kinds of hints dropped so I'll have to e-mail you or something.

everything tastes better grilled.

my weekend was good...
i saw your in-laws, ha! V's brother never gets my jokes. :o( Or else he does but doesn't think they're funny....

That's just Eric...that's all you can say right now.

Post a Comment