« Home | Is it bad? » | I'm baaaaaaaack » | Curtain Calls » | Missing my Euphonium » | Better » | ARGH! » | Nervous! » | Small Update » | Rehearsals » | The Wiggles Live on Stage!!! :-D » 

Thursday, June 15, 2006 

I felt all "Dad like" :-)

Oh no...it's started, I guess.

Last night I was chatting with the neighbor and Kaia was playing with the neighbor girl, we'll call her "L" and all of a sudden I hear:

"What the hell"

Then before I know it I'm in dad mode...

"Kaia! What did you say?!"

She and L look at me...

"What did you say?"

"What the hell"

"Get over here!"

she balks...

"Get over here now, Kaia"

"L said it first..."

"I don't care...come here, I want to talk to you"

she does!

"Kaia Janeane, you know the difference between what you should and should not say, I know you Kaia. You know the difference. You should not have said that. I don't care who says what first, if someone else says something first it doesn't matter, you do not say it. Do you understand?"

not looking at me...

"Look at me Kaia. Do you understand?"

nothing...

"KAIA, DO YOU UNDERSTAND"

"YES!!!!!!" all whiney :-) lol

"Thank you"

she wants up and out of their yard...

"No, it's ok Kaia, you can go play again now"

she's not your typical kid, when she gets punished she WANTS us...lol, I'm SURE that will change.

lol, then V says "It's all over Kaia, it's ok" lol

then L and her mom come back over after she was getting talked to too, I don't know what she said to L though since I was busy talking to Kaia. Then they start playing again and it's all over.

That was the very first time she's said a bad word, I'm sure she knew what it was, but I'm not convinced completely she knew it was bad. She knows the "other" words, but, oh who knows what was going on with those two.

It's funny though, I'm still working on not feeling bad when I lay down the law. Because I do, I lay it down, and I stick to it (most of the time :-/) but then I feel bad afterwards...all I want to do is have her know right from wrong and make good choices and be a good girl, which I know if un-realistic lol, they'll always be making some mistakes and what not, but I want her to know that I love her more than anything in the world, and I'm so proud of her, and she's just the reason I smile everyday, and I KNOW she knows that, but do you know what I mean?

So that was the funny thing that happened yesterday!

Welcome to parenthood.... and I'm glad you laid down the law - because more parents need to do that.

I know you in person so I could 'hear' you when I read what you wrote. I laughed. I know exactly how you sounded... during and after you 'talked' to her. LOL.

Don't worry, you weren't harsh... and yes you've got to work on not feeling guilty when you step into 'Dad' shoes.

someday she'll appreciate that you laid down the law. trust me.

Post a Comment