« Home | OH MY GOD » | T-shirt! » | I cleaned! » | I like all the guessing. Meritt is close. If my ... » | WOA!!!!!! » | Choir Talk » | Mamma Mia! Coming to the Big Screen » | My one non-important work problem recently » | Dude, I suck » | ITW » 

Monday, May 01, 2006 

F'IN WIRELESS INTERNET PIECE OF POO

Our wireless internet is broken and we can't seem to fix it, so we're very frustrated with that, and there's really no one to call to come over and help us fix it. After being on the phone with an out-sourced Indian fella I can hardly understand for a good 2 hours without fixing it (while his voice I can hardly hear and mine is blaring in echo right back out the phone at me) I finally hung up because I was literally going psycho. I guess I'll have to try again later and hope I get a better connection and a better Indian dude I can understand.

After a day of trying to fix it I was just plain DONE though, I had given up, so now if we want the internet we have to take V's laptop over to the end of the couch and use an ethernet cord hooked up from her laptop to the back of the modem up on our TV and sit there and use it.

When wireless internet doesn't work properly, it is a day ruiner. It just frustrates me beyond most anything in the world. The otherwise calm and collected Lars just wants to throw things or curl up in a ball and cry. I went through the problems with the D-Link guy (that's where our router is from) and he got me to the router set up wizard and got off the phone (those guys just want ot get off the phone as soon as possible) and said it'd work after I did the wizard. So I did it (keep in mind we've had this router for about 3 years now and it's always worked) and so I did it, and I set a name for our router (the reason it doesn't have a name is another long wireless internet not working story) and encrypted it so it was security-enabled and then was done. Unhooked the hardwired shit and refreshed the available networks. Our router showed up, security-enabled and all, and so I hit connect and it went looking for the network or whatever and popped up a nice "this network could not be found in range" or some shit and said to refresh the available networks again...so I did, and NOTHING was there. I proceeded to go over this a number of times with the Indian fella and went through some other shit and then he said he'd transfer me to the network guys, and after being on hold for 10 minute (on the phone for about 3 hours total) I gave up, hung up, and said FUCK IT. Earlier in the day I had talked ot the Mediacom guy who assured me it was nothing with their connection and everything was fine on their end, it must be the router, which I believed to be true too, so then is when I called D-link.

UGH IT MAKES ME WANNA SCREAM!!!

Doug? Making a trip up this way anytime soon? :-D

This might not be of help... but our wireless (at home) wasn't working last night either. Since we don't live in the same town it probably had nothing to do with each other. LOL. MY computer worked fine but both BabyGirls and the laptop would NOT connect.

PS:
Did India guy say his name was Dustin, Brian or Travis? LOL. They always pick "American" sounding names. Pisses me off when you know damn well they aren't named Stephanie but figure it's easier for Americans to say. BS.

OMG, Meritt! I forgot to mention that!! HA! The first guy was Dwayne, and the second guy, though really hard to understand, I swear said Patrick.

The whole time I'm thinking...no freakin' way, you're just picking that name because it's a name I would recognize...what's your real name?

That is just too hilarious!

Post a Comment