« Home | T-shirt! » | I cleaned! » | I like all the guessing. Meritt is close. If my ... » | WOA!!!!!! » | Choir Talk » | Mamma Mia! Coming to the Big Screen » | My one non-important work problem recently » | Dude, I suck » | ITW » | Death and Blogger » 

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD...I CANNOT BELIEVE WE ARE GETTING THESE SHOWS!!!!!!!!! I AM FLIPPING OUT OVER HERE, ABSOLUTELY BESIDE MYSELF. I can't go into details of how and why I am SO excited, because that would take forever and I'm not on break right now...but, WOW WOW WOW. I AM FREAKING OUT HERE! I am on such a high right now. Here's the article:

Fresh off a successful run of "The Lion King", the Civic Center of Greater Des Moines announced Tuesday night the Tony Award-winning "Spamalot" will play during the 2006-2007 season.

Monty Python's "Spamalot" is one of the hottest tickets on Broadway. Last year, it won the Tony Award for best musical. The Civic Center is an investor in the Broadway and London productions of Spamalot, which helped earn the Civic Center the booking during the first year of its national tour.

The Civic Center's 2007-2007 season will also feature "Doubt", "The Light in the Piazza" and the returns of "Phantom of the Opera", "Mamma Mia!" and "Triple Espresso". The Civic Center says Broadway star Cherry Jones, who took home the Tony Award for Best Actress, will appear in the production of "Doubt" that plays in Des Moines.

"These shows attract a phenomenal amount of attention to our city," Civic Center General Manager Jeff Chelesvig said in a statement. "The Civic Center will drive significant tourism and economic impact as a result."

I definitely will be going to Spamalot. I've been waiting quite a while to see that, and I'm relieved I don't have to go out of the state to see it, either.

I can't wait - I wish I lived closer - I want to see some of those shows...maybe I can convince a few friends to go with me.

That really is exciting! You're really lucky! Spamalot is supposed to be a scream -- have fun!

unfortunately, Monty Python's Spamalot - July 17 - 22, 2007- is a long long long ways away. Crap, its's like waiting to go to DisneyWorld, or your birthday.

You should fantastagirl! It'll be SO worth it to see any one of those shows!!

I KNOW windjammer!! I just have to try and put it out of my mind now so I can just wait patiently.

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »

Post a Comment