« Home | I like all the guessing. Meritt is close. If my ... » | WOA!!!!!! » | Choir Talk » | Mamma Mia! Coming to the Big Screen » | My one non-important work problem recently » | Dude, I suck » | ITW » | Death and Blogger » | Fret not! » | A report on the water situation » 

Thursday, April 20, 2006 

I cleaned!

Sort of...

Since I know yall like to know when I clean (I mean, it's so frequent!) I thought I'd update with the fact that I cleaned some of our bedroom last night. It was in complete shambles. Clothes and all sorts of toys and everything all over the floor. Boxes of shit, blankets. We just have WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more things then storage room. We have NO linen closets, NO storage closets, NO extra rooms. We have one small-ish closet in each of the bedrooms and that's it. This house is rather small, folks. Nice starter house, but small. It gets frustrating at times. Still overjoyed to have my own house though, no stupid apartments. I just can't WAIT until I have money and can get a house that is big and that is clean and new and a house that we like a lot. I want hardwood floors, colorful walls, big kitchens and bathrooms with tiles and granite counters and new fixtures and shit. Someday my prince will come...I mean, someday my dreams will come true.

Countdowns in my life:

40 days till opening night
27 ITW rehearsals left
6 choir rehearsals left
2 choir concerts left
37 days until in-laws arrive and house must be clean

In other exciting news about theatre and me:

My friend is going to NYC with her parents for a week. She is seeing...I think 13 shows!! AH! I'm SO jealous. She's SO lucky. She's seeing some of the biggest, and my favoritest, superstar broadway actors. BUT the exciting part that pertains to me is she's getting me a playbill from every show! She is going to get some advertisments as well. Anything broadway she can stick her hands on and get two of, I get one of. She is ALSO going to try to get me at least one autograph, she said if it happens it'll probably be Sutton Foster, which is A-OK BY ME! Let me see if I can name the shows she is seeing...The Drowsy Chaperone, Sweeney Todd, Three Days of Rain, Pajama Game, Tarzan, Lestat, Light in the Piazza, Jersey Boys, and the Wedding Singer. Maybe it's only 9, but I was sure it's more. Ok, NOW, let me list off the superstars she will be seeing: Sutton Foster, Michael Cerveris, Patti LuPone, Julia Roberts, Paul Rudd, Harry Connick Jr., Kelli Ohara, Hugh Panaro, Carolee Carmello, Victoria Clark, John Lloyd Young, Amy Spanger, and then some more that I could name because I know them (because I'm a geek), but they're not necessarily the biggest superstars. How AWESOME is that?!

re: the house: Be careful what you wish for. You would probably become a puddle if you saw our new place- wood floors, tile in the bathrooms, high ceilings, wet bar in the basement, blah, blah, blah... But a pain in the ass to keep clean! Especially with a little one. And the only housekeeper is me!

Big house just means that much more to keep clean....but yeah, I want a new house, with storage, walk-in attic and all kinds of storage, walk-in closets, and storage, and a big back yard, and a separate room for an office, and storage. did I mention storage - because I would love a house that had some storage.

Good for you on cleaning! That'll be my project tomorrow. But, I agree to be careful what you wish for. Houses are a pain in the ass -- at least in an apartment, if something breaks, it's someone else's problem. Here, I'm not only chief cook and bottle washer, but chief plumber, heating repair, electrician, maid, butler, carpenter, groundskeeper, producer, director, actor, and grip. I need a staff... ahh... someday.

Yeah...that is the unfortunate part about owning a large house, but I think I'd still rather have the large house than the small house. It is more to get dirty (and believe me, if a family can do it...we can) but it'd just be nicer in the long run.

Post a Comment