« Home | WOA!!!!!! » | Choir Talk » | Mamma Mia! Coming to the Big Screen » | My one non-important work problem recently » | Dude, I suck » | ITW » | Death and Blogger » | Fret not! » | A report on the water situation » | Jobs and Gas » 

Thursday, April 20, 2006 

I like all the guessing. Meritt is close. If my wife was pregnant that would be FANTASTIC news, a bit bad because we don't have the money/space for another child, but it would be very good, since I want another one pretty badly (I'm such a girl) :-)

Really, it is about a job situation, but it is truly horrible and devastating to me because I've been trying so hard to get another job, you know, and especially with the gas prices going up, I basically got offered a job in my home town, I could literally walk to work, and I love my town so I would love to work for my town, but, the job is part time, no benefits, and two dollars less than I'm making now. It's just not feasable in any way for me to take this job. IF my wife was working full-time and we had good benefits through her job, then sure, I could take it...that's the deal with the woman who offered me the job, she said her job doesn't even have benefits, but then again, she's about 45 and in a more normal place in her life and her husband has a nice job with nice benefits and so she doesn't really need a job with benefits.

So bottom line, I'm offered a good job, in the exact location I want, but I had to turn it down. That blows.

That sucks. My job doesn't have benefits, but I do work in the town i live in - and that makes a world of difference.

Here's hoping that they want you enough to find a way to offer benefits, and increase the hourly rate....although if it was a non-profit organization then their hands are probably tied.

i hate job troubles. My big job trouble is that my old job as a waitress is at a ski/hiking resort on top of a mountain. they would give me my job back in a heartbeat, and i made tons of money there, MORE than enough for me and the baby to live on. BUT, how in the world would i ever find a good babysitter on top of a freakin mountain? and what if the baby got sick? there's no hospital for an hour either direction. i'm so happy at that job, but it just isn't practical with a baby.

Did you work out the salary figuring in all the factors- gas, insurance, wear & tear on the car, etc? It may more feasable than you think- especially with gas prices going up, up, up.

But if it's not I am sorry to hear that. We pay our own health insurance. It's insane.

Post a Comment