« Home | Is This January? » | I'm Fat » | Ten Top Trivia Tips about Lars! There are 336 dimp... » | Happy Birthday To Me » | My FAVORITE theatre memorabilia JUST came in the mail » | Weird Week » | Des Moines Metropolitan Opera Auditions » | Baby Talk » | Happy New Year Everyone! » | What Did I Buy? » 

Monday, January 23, 2006 

Mr. Mom

That's right folks, Lars is playing Mr. Mom all week long...but, since I play it a lot anyway, this isn't anything new. The wife is gone all week. She did set up some good outfits for Kaia in her closet and also did...most...of the laundry. I do know how to dress my kid, but sometimes it's all hectic and things aren't where I think they are and...it all stems from crappy laundry habits and putting away of clothes habits that things are all farked up.

This morning was awesome! I went to bed at midnight, got things ready the night before, then actually woke up when my alarm went off! I know, can you believe it?! 6 am...got ready myself, started the car ahead of time, got the little one dressed mostly in a state of half-slumber, but then she was awake toward the end...got her ready with a hair combing and teeth brushing and then we headed out at 6:40 to go to drop her off at daycare and then I got gas/hot chocolate/donuts and headed to work and made it to work 10 minutes early! Where usually, not having to take Kaia or do anything but get myself ready in the morning, I'm right on time or a couple minutes either way. Sweeeeeeeet!

Now I just need to spiff up the house this week, for myself not my wife, and then life will go back to how it normally is. She made a bunch of shit in the kitchen this weekend before she left for all her friends on the car ride to MN and just left the kitchen like that, so I'm left to clean it all up! Also, the living room is a never ending place to gather clutter. No matter how much I pick stuff up off the floor there's always every surface, corner, pocket of space by the wall full of stuff and more stuff. Our house isn't big enough! lol, it's like a normal size house full of stuff came into our house and barfed and then left.

Life is like that sometimes... I played single parent but married this weekend, when hubby put in a ton of hours trying to fix a problem. You will have a great week.

So what is the wifey doing in MN this week? :)

As for the house husband... Coffeehusband was supposed to get to be "Mom" while I'm in Italy. Wha-laa, my Mother asked if the kids could stay for a few days with them. So 2 younger at Grandparents (Spring Break) and the big one with me. What just happened? We are giving Coffeehusband the house to himself! LOL. Lucky Man! LOL.

Post a Comment