« Home | Charlie and Willy » | Merry Christmas Everyone! » | Can you believe this Yankeebob?!? » | The Bug » | "And So I'M back, from outerspace..." » | I JUST got the call... » | Cute » | Had a rough day yesterday, life is how it is thoug... » | Tiiiiiiiiiiime is NOT on my side, yes it isn't... » | Waiting... » 

Thursday, December 29, 2005 

What Did I Buy?

I know you're dying to know! What did I buy with my $50 gift card to Borders?!

Well...it was kind of weird. After being in Borders all the time looking at all these things I wanted but have no money for, I'm in there last night, and I can't really find anything I'm DYING to have. Veronica felt the same way...it was weird. We're both like, "Now we have the money, and we can't figure out what to buy." Anyone else ever had this problem?

But...of course we were in the Cast Recording CD section and musical section of DVDs and theatre section of books.

I came up with three CDs I wanted to get, so I got them and I'm excited about it!



  • Jersey Boys - Cast Recording of the new Broadway show is the story of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons and their rise to fame. It is shattering people's views of the so-called "Jukebox musicals" that have been cropping up here in recent years. Others have succeeded (Mamma Mia! and Movin' Out) others have failed (Good Vibrations and Lennon) and others have done ok (All Shook Up) to name a few. I'm listening and it is amazing. Man, these guys are good. The four lead actors are pretty much brand new broadway actors. The guy who plays the beautiful falsetto Frankie is a noname and he is just shining. It's pretty cool.



    and



  • Sondheim Sings: Vol 1 and Vol 2 - This is awesome! My favorite, and the greatest living or dead musical theatre composer, Stephen Sondheim sings his own songs! It's his own demos, previously unreleased, now out for us to hear. I've listened to a couple and it's fantastic, definately something to own! It's just him sitting at a piano, playing his music and singing the songs, his songs. It's odd, Vol 1 is from 1962-1972 and Vol 2 is from 1946-1960. Why is Vol. 2 his earlier works? I have no idea. I'm excited about these two volumes because it's Sondheim and it's himself singing his own works, but they are his musicals that I don't worship as much, at least yet. Right now I'm still just LOVING Sweeney Todd, Into the Woods, Assassin, Sunday in the Park With George. But I'm eagerly awaiting, and hoping, he'll release more volumes because those three shows are all his later works, and I just love them to death. You know, he also has Bounce, his latest, and The Frogs, which I also like. Then Company, A Little Night Music, Merrily We Roll Along, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum...just to name a few of the top hits.

  • About me

    • I'm Lars
    • From Iowa, United States
    My profile

    Support World AIDS Day

    Get Firefox!

    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates