« Home | The Wifey » | Sleeping » | M&M Wars » | Construction! » | My new kicks » | Someone Has to Know... » | So, anyway, church. » | Church » | Special Projects Job » | Hmaburger Helper and Google AdSense » 

Thursday, December 16, 2004 

I Cannot Hear the Music

"I cannot hear the music,
I cannot hear a sound.
The roaring rush
Become a hush
whenever you're around.

The world beyond the window
the fury a fuss
grow distant now
and fade somehow with us

And here inside
this world you let me see
it's different than
they often let it be

I'll keep you safe
and also set you free
I offer you you
I offer you me.

I cannot hear the music
I know it must be there
the raging town is waiting down the stair
we'll make it vanish in the thin, thin air."

Check it out

Sung by Jack Noseworthy, playing the character Dallas, in the musical "Sweet Smell of Success"

He also sings a duet (Don't Know Where You Leave Off) and another solo (One Track Mind) and he's fantastic...have a listen to the clips they have.