« Home | Today should be the day I hope » | Interview » | I got an interview! » | Phone Interview! » | Happiness is... » | Random photos on my work computer » | I'll tell you something I don't like... » | My Tongue » | Graphic Artist » | Anonymous » 

Friday, August 11, 2006 

Really don't get it...

THey haven't called yet. It's been one week and one day since my interview. It's been three days since I called and left a message. I know it's not odd to not call back or decide on a potential employee for this long, but I left them a message. I would assume they'd be setting up second interviews.

At this point ALL I can think is that they don't like me, don't want me. I haven't gotten a letter saying so yet though. All I can assume is they're doing second interviews for everyone they like and if they don't work out, maybe they'll call me? I don't know. I had such a good feeling about this one. It seemed like the one, it seemed like the right time. Hard to not give up hope...but I'm trying not to give up hope.

Also, really, how am I to know she GOT my voicemail? Maybe it didn't go through or something odd happened. I'll never know unless I call again, but THAT is not right. That would be way to agressive, way too badgering.

I guess I'll keep waiting? Keep waiting until I either get a call or a nice little one page letter in the mail...

Some places don't send letters anymore to those that 'don't make it'. So keep that in mind.

If you've only called that once you might as well call again... won't hurt.

Chin up and try to stay positive!

So, what have you done about this? You had to initiate the interview...

I haven't done anything. I called a week ago to check on the job and see about a second interview, she wasn't there so I left a message. I haven't heard anything since. I just kind of felt like it would be badgering and hurt my case if I called again. I don't want to approach it the wrong way and lose my shot at a job, but I don't want to not take whatever initiative they're looking for...it's a catch 22 if you ask me. But everyone is thinkign I should call AGAIN?

I definitely think you should call again. I totally would.

Of course you should. Initiative, Lars. If you only left a VM someone else could have gotten it and not given her the message. If you really want something you have to really try to get it. Quit being wishy-washy.

Keep calling back until you actually speak to the person, and she tells you whether or not you're hired. My parents own a store and that's their job advice to everyone. Always keep calling until you're told specifically yes or no.

Post a Comment