« Home | My Tongue » | Graphic Artist » | Anonymous » | argh » | And we're BACK! » | A little HOT » | Picture Party 2! » | Picture Party! » | Tiny Houses » | Template » 

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 

I'll tell you something I don't like...

people talking OUTLOUD to themselves. It's freaky and I don't like it. There is someone I know that does it ALL THE TIME. Full on sentences and conversations. I have experienced others doing it, but no one beats this person. What up in your brain isn't functioning properly that you can't keep your thoughts to yourself? I have never talked out loud to myself, I just don't do it. I have maybe said out loud, "ooh, that's how that works" or something along that line, but it's when someone else is around and I know they'll hear it and either strike up a conversation or I'm basically saying it to them and leaving it up to them on whether they're curious enough to want know what I'm talking about.

Entire conversations people...do you talk outloud to yourself?

Unfortunately, I am one of the crazies. I would NEVER do it in public but sometimes at night when I'm going to bed and trying to sort out my feelings (I feel particularly reflective at night for some reason) I'll talk things out to myself outloud. I guess that will end once I'm living with the boyfriend!!!

Actually, I do. Never in public of course -- that WOULD be nuts -- but it really helps me sort out my thoughts when things get bad. It was actually a technique I was taught years ago for problem-solving and dealing with difficult situations. You can talk your way through it even if you're by yourself. It's very comforting ... try it... if you dare! Moohoohahaha!!

Post a Comment