« Home | Waiting.... » | Second Interview! » | Survey » | Really don't get it... » | Today should be the day I hope » | Interview » | I got an interview! » | Phone Interview! » | Happiness is... » | Random photos on my work computer » 

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 

Latest Development

So, I wish this post could be to tell you I GOT the job, but it's at least to tell you I'm still in the running. They're torturing me over here!!! They called just this morning and said the job is down to me and one other person (heard this before haven't I?) and she wanted to know if I was still interested in the job. I said yes, very very much so, still very excited about the job. She said that was good! She asked me if I had talked to "this person" about the benefits for the job, I said I had not, she gave me her information to call her and make sure the benefits were ok. She told me to then call her back and let her know if that all sounded ok. Then she asked me about salary again, we discussed that the same as before, and then she asked me if I were to get the job if I would want to give two weeks notice. I said I would, it would just be nice and I'd like let them get a chance to get used to me leaving and polite and all that, and she said she understood that and if someone was leaving her office she'd want two weeks too. So all sounded good. I'm going to call "this person" about the benefits over lunch, I'm sure it'll be fine, then call my interviewer back and let her know. Oh, she also said she wants to make this decision by Friday. Sooooo, I'll know soon enough.

Keep thinking and praying and wishing and hoping for me!! I'm so close!!

funny side note -- this morning when I work up to get ready for work, almost immediately after I opened my eyes I thought, "Today's the day. I'm finding out today and I'm getting this job, I know I am!" Hopefully that new found confidence can pay off.

oh, and last night I raced home from work and was going to mail a thank you for the job shadowing to the pharmacist I job shadowed with and the post office was closed and if I mailed it it would be picked up from my hometown until today at 5pm and then go to des moines to be sorted and sent BACK to my home town just three doors down from the post office...so I said no way and walked it into the pharmacist and told her I'm sorry I know you haven't made your decision yet, I wanted to mail this but missed the post office being open and instead of making you wait two days for this I thought I'd just walk it into you. SO, I hope that gamble paid off too.

So I'm sitting in agony here...this is not good for my health! lol, my stomach is in knots, I can't concentrate very well!

I understand your agony... hang in there. What will be, will be!

Sounds like things may be going your way.

Post a Comment