« Home | byebye metabolism » | Disc Golf » | Not with it » | Yay! » | Good for you! » | Running all over the world » | The Wedding » | Riddles » | Salmonella and 2 steps » | Nothing exciting to report » 

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 

Plasma

Anyone do it or done it?

I did it for about a year or two then took a year off and now I'm finally getting back into it again! I love it because I get to read lots of books and I get lots of money, you know the whole saving lives thing is good too :-)

$20 for the first donation
$30 for the second donation in a week
---
$50 a week to save lives and read books

Check it out, all you do is sit with a needle in your arm and pump when the machine tells you to and in under an hour (usually, especially for women) you're done. If you go to do it at the one in my town though tell me because I'll get the referral fee :-D

Been there, done that. The one here is in a bad part of the neighborhood, and it's only open until 5, which is what I work to. It wasn't too bad, a movie plays while they pump you dry, and it's good money for the small amount of time required.

I do donate platelets, double reds, and whole blood since it's so close to my work. Although I don't get paid for my time, they do have a good assortment of Nutter Butters, Oreo's, Fig Newton's and all the Orange Drink you can take in a little flowery Dixie Cup.

Post a Comment