« Home | Not with it » | Yay! » | Good for you! » | Running all over the world » | The Wedding » | Riddles » | Salmonella and 2 steps » | Nothing exciting to report » | I felt all "Dad like" :-) » | Is it bad? » 

Thursday, July 06, 2006 

Disc Golf

I just recently got to play disc golf for the first time. I've had a disc for about 2 years but never got to play and now I finally did, and now I'm hooked!! BUT my arm is KILLING me from throwing those discs. They are harder than normal frisbees and heavier and you're chucking them hard to get them to go far. Sidearm, forearm, tomahawk, it's tough shit. lol, it hurts!! I'm waiting for my arm to heal up so I can go again. I went twice in two days and so that didn't help.

I'd suggest it if you've never done it, it's a good time!


Check out:

Innova for the #1 maker of golf discs and other assorted whatnots.

PDGA -- Professional Disc Golf Association

Either one of those sites will let you find courses near you. Iowa is #2 in amount of disc golf courses.

These are the two discs I currently have:



My co-worker loves frisbee golf and disk golf.

Nooooo interest here. Sorry. LOL.

That's funny -- when we were up visiting my family in NY and taking a walk in the park with the dog, my BF mentioned disc golf. I'd never heard of it! I guess he wasn't lying!

I thought this was something the P.E. Teachers made up, becuase they wanted to be outside or something.... who knew?

It's surprising the number of people who haven't heard of this game, or didn't know it was real. It's been around for a long time, but it's really starting to take off now.

Good for you Lars! Sounds like a lot of fun!!

Post a Comment