« Home | Good for Kristy! » | 2006 Winter Olympics: Torino » | I Know I'm Late...but » | Stupid Britney » | Iowa Stars Hockey Game » | Thingie » | Missing » | My Secret Little Crush » | Monkey Bread » | Hatred » 

Monday, February 13, 2006 

Valentine's Day

Skipped.

We have NO money and problems with our house that requires money...so no V-day this year. We were sitting pretty ok until her car died and we needed to get her a new used car...now we're out of money until we get our taxes done and our check back, which I will do this week.

If there was V-day at our household this year I would have gotten her something from The Body Shop someone here at work has some stuff from there and it smells good! I'm sure she would have liked it.

You know -you could make her a card... or give the gifts of homemade coupons... good for a back massage ...given by you... just saying... some wives like stuff like that....

I really hate that the retail establishments and media have people (mostly guys) thinking they have to spend lots of money at V-day. NO WAY! Most women don't like this holiday anyway!

We would rather have something tiny, small, inexpensive and special that says; "I was thinking of you and love you" more than things that cost lots and die or get eaten right away.

(Well... I take that back, there ARE some shallow women out there yet. LOL.)

Yeah, I feel that way too Meritt.

I just don't like Valentines Day that much to begin with. If someone needs one special day to prompt them to tell their significant other they love them, then there are other situations to deal with :-)

I like to do that at random times when she's not expecting it.

Obviously neither of us are shallow or we'd care that we're skipping Valentines day, so I like that about us. Instead, we decided, tuesday the 21st we're going to buy RENT when it comes out on DVD...ok, we were going to do that anyway, but now we have justification ;-)

Post a Comment