« Home | Read this on a co-workers white board:The proper r... » | Husband Wanted! » | Cell Phone » | A new...used...car » | While I'm Here...some pictures » | 4 year old » | Mr. Mom » | Is This January? » | I'm Fat » | Ten Top Trivia Tips about Lars! There are 336 dimp... » 

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 

Thoroughly Modern Millie



Wooo! We're going! It's going to be in Ames on Feb. 11th! National Touring Company of Thoroughly Modern Millie.

The only nerve-wracking thing about it is it will be the first time Kaia is being babysat by someone other than my parents, and my sister once or twice. :-( I hope everything goes ok. I know this is normal, everyone has a babysitter. I know a lot about this girl too, who's watching Kaia.

She comes to Kaia's daycare everyday after she gets out of high school, with some other high school kids as well, to work and help out and play with the kids. Kaia absolutely loves her. She approached me about babysitting for Kaia if we ever needed someone...which is good! because we've only ever had my parents. I've talked to Kaia about it and she is excited to get to play with her, but we'll see how she reacts when we go to leave! I bet it's a different story then, I hope it's not, but I know Kaia.

This girls oldest sister was a good friend of mine in high school, I used to come over to their house and hang out in the summers and after school, so I know the whole family. Just great people all around. And this girls youngest sister plays Amaryllis in this past summer's production of The Music Man that I was in. So I don't think we could pick a better babysitter, she is so nice, so grounded, down to earth responsible young lady.

It makes me nervous just to leave my little girl with a babysitter :-( but it's also exciting to see if this works out, which I'm thinking (hoping and praying) it will.

I remember my sisters used to babysit all the time, I would come over and help them every now and then. Man, what high school girl HASN'T babysat! So...we'll see I guess! I'll definitely be calling at intermission to see if everything is going great!!

Sounds like YOU are incredibly nervous about this... probably not so much Kaia as she already knows her.

However... Kaia WILL pick up on your apprehension and then will probably play the part too. You should probably stop talking about it, making it an issue or even mentioning it. Just make it a 'non' issue and then you may not have any dramatics from the little one.

:)

Oh, I'm not making an issue of it to Kaia, just in my own little head :-) No, I'm playing the "HOW EXCITING IS THIS...YOU GET TO HANG OUT WITH HER" part...which Kaia loves getting excited about things.

Hi, I'm doing some research into parenting related search 'keywords' e.g. 'single parent skiing holidays' for a client. I need to talk to people who regularly search for Single Parent related information. I've found some people via single parent skiing holidays but I need to talk to more. Can you suggest where else to try?
TIA

Hi, As part of a social science degree, I'm doing some research into some Parenting related search 'keywords' e.g. 'child support agency'. I've used child support agency to contact single parents but I need more input. Any suggestions on where to look?
Thnx

Post a Comment