« Home | Cute » | Had a rough day yesterday, life is how it is thoug... » | Tiiiiiiiiiiime is NOT on my side, yes it isn't... » | Waiting... » | Big Day Results » | Big Day » | Interesting Question of the Week » | Death » | A Little Christmas Responsibility » | Movies over the long weekend » 

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 

I JUST got the call...


Did not get the job.

She just called me. It was an "ok" call though.

She said it came down to me and one other person and she went with the other person because their qualifications just matched the position a little better.

I guess it's nice to know I was in the final two...but how come my luck does not swing in my favor?! I just want something to go my way for once, I know that sounds selfish...

I wanted this job bad...I wanted to work with her, I wanted to work in that position, at that bank, with my friend from choir, in AMES.

HOWEVER

She talked on for a good 5 minutes about how much she loved me and how I was nothing but great and etc etc...and I loved that, that made me feel good. But why didn't I get the job then!!! Throw me a friggin bone here.

And, she said she personally gave my resume and application to a dude in the IS department. She said apparently they are trying to merge with a holding company (?) and with the graphics department and I think something about doing more things within the bank and so he is looking to hire and so she personally gave my resume and application to him and talked me up bigtime because she has nothing but good things to say about me and so she's thinking maybe within the next couple weeks to a month he might do some interviews and have a position or two open.

So that's good new right?

Honestly, it isn't the exact position I wanted...I REALLY wanted that position with her as marketing assistant...but HOPEFULLY something good can come out of this still.

I can't decide if it hurts more or less that it was just down to me and one other person. SOOO CLOSE. Maybe somehow this person wont be able to do the job, or take it, or something.

I'm betting it was a kid fresh out of college, and I'm sure he or she will do a better job that I would have done.

It just kind of hurts the day/week that I was so excited to get this position and to tell everyone I know that I finally have a job I want and like and to tell everyone at work that I was leaving and just to be so happy.

Don't beat yourself up over it - it just wasn't meant to be...you will find a better match.

sorry, but i have to "ditto" what momma of 2 said.

it's ok to feel disappointed, just realize that fate has something else in store...

I'd follow up after the first of the year with the guy she gave your name and resume to. He sounds like it's more in your field of interest anyway.

Chin Up! You have a JOB right now to tide you over while you are looking. That is a blessing.

Post a Comment