« Home | Waiting... » | Big Day Results » | Big Day » | Interesting Question of the Week » | Death » | A Little Christmas Responsibility » | Movies over the long weekend » | Yes, I am back » | ByeBye » | Run, Forrest, Run » 

Monday, December 12, 2005 

Tiiiiiiiiiiime is NOT on my side, yes it isn't...

Isn't that how the song goes?

So, I figure it's been a week, so I called her. She, of course with my luck, wasn't there to talk to in person, so I talked to her voicemail.

"Hey, *****, It's (me). I'm just calling to check up on the Marketing Assistant position and let you know that I am still interested and seeing if the job was still open. You can call me back here at work until 4:30 at ***-***-**** or leave a message on the cell phone. Hope all went well at the opening last week! Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you. Bye!"

was that the right thing to do?

I'm so torn up on whether to call or not to call, I've heard both ways.

being persistant is a good thing, overbearing is not.

you just have to find the right balance. let us know how it goes!

It's hard to know - depends on your field.... good luck!

Yes, you are supposed to follow up in some way, shape or form. However HOW it is done depends on the position. Sometimes by a notecard, other times, email and other times phone call.

In this situation a phone call was probably correct, but now that you've left it, don't call again. Just the once.

Some places let you know by letter if you didn't get it... others never say a word. It's just a waiting game.

Oh, believe me, I know how I'm let known if I don't have a job. It happens A LOT. And most of the time the employer doesn't even bother to let me know...which I think is horribly rude, especially when they say they'll call.

Some send the letter and don't bother returning my voicemail inquiring about the job because they know a letter is in the mail...that's equally as rude.

I've never once had someone call and tell me I dind't get the job. I have people tell me over the phone I didn't get the job, but only because I called THEM and they were stuck and had to talk to me.

Post a Comment