« Home | Yes, I am back » | ByeBye » | Run, Forrest, Run » | Lowes Update ;-) and the rest of the night » | The Christmas Rose » | What Am I Suppose To Do? » | Suit Up! » | Where is everybody?? » | The Hunter » | 2005 NYC Marathon » 

Monday, November 28, 2005 

Movies over the long weekend

Yes, of course, I found a way to see RENT on opening night. It has long since past as an OBSESSION of mine, but I still follow RENT and enjoy it quite a lot. My best friend from MNPLS came down unexpectedly and so V relenquished and let us go to the late showing of RENT on Wednesday while she stayed home with Kaia...which was very nice of her.

I've been following RENT since high school and have collected umpteen pieces of RENT memorabilia, seen the stage show 12 times, etc. etc. Obsessed, yes, I know. So, naturally, as I still belong to a message board I've come to love, I've followed RENT the movie since the day it was announced officially and before.

RENT: A-......I loved it, there were some cheesy bad parts, that's for sure, and some not so well done scenes, and some actors were better than others, but I loved it. I'll go see it again with V for sure, I want to see it again in the theatres, preferrably only one more time at full price, then I'll go a couple times when it's dollar theatre time.

The only problem is, with a four year old, we NEVER go see movies. Oh well, we'll TRY to go when it comes to the dollar theatre a couple time, and I'd like to go with V sometime this week, but I don't see that happening :-(

Let's see...what else did I see?

The whole fam went and saw Yours, Mine, and Ours. It was ok...fun-filled classic movie re-make. I'd give it a B+

Mom bought War of the Worlds and so we popped that in...A- I enjoyed it quite a bit. It was good, got to the end and I was all..."This is it?" kind of wanted more, but it was good.

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou...don't know. Only got through a little over half of it before we had to leave to do something, and if I don't get around to watching the rest, I don't care. It was fuckin' weird and we only continued watching to see what the hell happened in the end.

Employee of the Month...A- - It was good! LOTS of twists at the end, and I called ALMOST all of them, so does that make the movie good or bad that I could call them all? Eh, it was good! One of your lesser heard of films, but had Matt Dillon, Christina Applegate and Steve Zahn.

I THINK that's it. We played a bunch of board games too, ate a bunch of food, and watched a bunch of sports (DAMN YOU ISU...ALWAYS GETTING MY HOPES UP AND THEN CRUSHING THEM).

".... V relenquished and let us go to the late showing of RENT on Wednesday while she stayed home with Kaia...which was very nice of her."


I don't get it. Why was this nice of her? She IS the Mommy right?

Glad you got to see your the movie as for ISU - you should know better by now... LOL

Have a great week!

Meritt -- yes, but I am the Daddy too. It was just nice that she stayed home with Kaia and let me and my best friend go, since she's friends with him too, and she loves RENT almost as much as me and has been looking forward to this film for many many months too. So it was nice of her! She hasn't seen it yet still.

Momma -- I know, I know. But I still root for them and they still kick me in the balls and lose the games that matter. Dammit! :-)

Post a Comment