« Home | Lowes Update ;-) and the rest of the night » | The Christmas Rose » | What Am I Suppose To Do? » | Suit Up! » | Where is everybody?? » | The Hunter » | 2005 NYC Marathon » | I cleaned something! » | Ever Think? » | Pictures » 

Friday, November 11, 2005 

Run, Forrest, Run

I ran again last night, yay me! I did another 3 miles...and again, it was hard. It's pretty much just going to be hell for 3 or 4 weeks and then hopefully it'll get easier. Didn't help that I had a headcold and so I was tired and also, the last half mile was a dead run against the wind and it took every bit of will power to continue and not just quit. Many, many times I thought about stopping and just facing defeat for the night. One time I even thought, "Maybe running just isn't for me." But I can't quit, I don't want to quit, I just want it to be easy right away and it's just not going to be.

I guess another reason it seemed harder is we cut a minute off from Tuesday. I came in at 31:40 today. Still 10:33/mile average...that needs to improve a lot, but I'm just starting so I am ok with it.

My friend I'm running with is a tri-athlete, so he ran with me until the end then he burst ahead...I'm waiting for when 3 miles is that comfortable for me. I'm sure he finished a minute more ahead of me, I'm just glad he's running with me and I have someone to run with

Gotta keep going, keep churning those legs.

Just keep swimming...
Just keep swimming...
swimming... swimming...
What do we do?
We swim........



(just keep running...
just keep running...
running... running...
what do we do?
we run....)

keep with it -you'll be glad you did! I am sure that you will find a small race to compete in this spring! You'll be ready!

Post a Comment