« Home | Death » | A Little Christmas Responsibility » | Movies over the long weekend » | Yes, I am back » | ByeBye » | Run, Forrest, Run » | Lowes Update ;-) and the rest of the night » | The Christmas Rose » | What Am I Suppose To Do? » | Suit Up! » 

Friday, December 02, 2005 

Interesting Question of the Week

If you could know when, where, and how you would die....would you want to know?

If yes, why? If no, why not?

I was talking about this yesterday with a co-worker. She wants to know, she's not afraid to know that the day is here, as long as she can not change that fact of when where and how she'll die. The reasons TO know were good enough for her...so you can have the ability to do everything you've always wanted to do before you die, so you can party hard the night before you die, so you can finish un-finished business.

Those are not good enough for me.

No way in hell would I want to know. I couldn't deal with that information. Obviously, it peaks my interest to have the ability to know, but I am just fully aware that that is not something I want to be privy to. Even if I knew I couldn't change it, I probably would try. I would be freaking out knowing I'm going to die that day...especially if it's dying a nasty way and before I'm old and ready to go.

Nope, let me live in blissful ignorance.

Why not just live life like it was your last day anyway?

Cause that wasn't the question ;-)

I'd want to know absolutely. I'd want to be able to get everything done before it happens.

If I knew when I would die, I'd go crazy waiting for it that I'd jump off a bridge or something. Or die from hindsight trauma.

But then would you want to rob a bank and go down in a blaze of glory, or play bumper cars in rush hour traffic, or just die?

Or if you knew when or how, would you try to stop your demise? Okay, if I could change my demise, I would definitely want to know. The other stuff I said sounds kind of fun, too.

I'd want to know... that way I can plan a trip that involved an airplane knowing that it wouldn't crash...LOL (I am scared to death to fly.)

It would make me sad and upset to know... I'm better not knowing. Blissful ignorance indeed.

no thanks, it would be nothing more than a torturous countdown to doom's day for me. i'm anxious over death already, no need to rub it in that we're all going to die some day.

((shake it off))

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »

Post a Comment