« Home | Run, Forrest, Run » | Lowes Update ;-) and the rest of the night » | The Christmas Rose » | What Am I Suppose To Do? » | Suit Up! » | Where is everybody?? » | The Hunter » | 2005 NYC Marathon » | I cleaned something! » | Ever Think? » 

Sunday, November 13, 2005 

ByeBye

It is 12:41am early Monday morning and we take off in 8 hours to drive to Omaha, NE to take off in a plane for Arizona for the week. My sister's wedding is Friday, I get to sing in it, Kaia gets to be flower girl.

I'm excited, I haven't seen where she lives, haven't been to this part of Arizona. She lives in a suburb of Phoenix, I've just been to Mesa area for choir tour in college.

Should be 80's all week :-)

Going to run with my sister out there because she's started running too and she says she's right about at the same pace as I am.

See you all next Monday.

P.S. Tornados! Hit all around Story City and Ames...but did not hit in our city. One tornado touched down to the east of us. Touched down north of Interstate 30..which is basically Story City, but did not get us. We went and hung out in the basement of a neighbor friend. We were going to go to mom and dad's house, 3 doors away, but they left that morning for Arizona, so their neighbors are friends since they moved in and they're great so I just knocked on their door and we chilled out in the basement where they had a TV and radio. Very cool people :-) Kaia was a tad scared at first, but she wasn't for long and she wasn't actually that scared as I'm trotting across the lawns with her in my arms on the way to the neighbors house. See...all we have is a cellar (a la Wizard of Oz) and it's small and gross and since I have to go outside to get there anyway I checked out the skies and knew I could run to my parents house, so I wasn't being a bad dad by dragging her outside during tornados. Anyway, we're all good and Story City is all good and so that's about the closest anything has come since I've been alive. The tornado sirens were going off when we were in the basement. I only remember one other time where we were in the basement and the sirens were going off and I was only about 8 or so.

I'm glad you are all safe. I heard about the tornadoes and worried about all of you in the Iowa cornfields.

btw, my daughter was the flower girl for my brother's wedding last spring...such sweet memories!

Have fun!!

Hmmm...it's Tuesday - where are you Lars - we are missing you....lol Am sure the wedding went great - and your little angle did awesome as flower girl...and of course your update will have a picture of her all dressed up right? See you soon - and Happy Turkey Day if I don't "talk" to you before!

Post a Comment