« Home | Unmotivated/soul searching/no job/musical news and... » | My Cast Recordings » | How do I walk? What does my butt look like? » | Opening night » | In Clean Sweep, 11 States Pass Bans on Same-Sex Ma... » | I've been a bad boy » | Still Waiting... » | Astrology » | "Hobbits" do exist » | Sweeney Todd » 

Monday, November 08, 2004 

RENT - - The Movie

As all good little theatre buffs know, RENT is coming out, finally, in movie form. There has been a lot of discussion of the cast being chosen and it’s finally starting to come together. Here’s what I know:

OBC – means, Original Broadway Cast member

Mark – Anthony Rapp (OBC)
Roger – Adam Pascal (OBC)
Mimi – Rosario Dawson
Maureen – Idina Menzel (OBC)
Benny – Taye Diggs (OBC)
Angel – Wilson Jermaine Heredia (OBC)
Joanne – Someone said Tracie Thoms, but it’s not confirmed

The director, which has been known for a while, is Chris Columbus (Harry Potter, Home Alone).

I post on a couple of theatre message boards and Anthony Rapp actually came on them both to tell us some of the news. He and his fellow OBCers have been offered the roles, but no one has signed a contract yet. Rosario was reported by playbill.com and yahoo news at least, so she must have signed a contract.

That’s what I know folks!

Thanks for checking out my blog! I've seen you on the cb.com boards (I don't post much anymore though).

I'm excited for this movie, I think it'll do the show justice.

Chris Columbus as the director? That seems like a really strange choice. Glad to see there are so many original Broadway cast members.

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Lars
  • From Iowa, United States
My profile

Support World AIDS Day

Get Firefox!

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates