« Home | I've been a bad boy » | Still Waiting... » | Astrology » | "Hobbits" do exist » | Sweeney Todd » | Another one... :-) » | Too good to pass up... » | CONGRATULATIONS DOUG AND JODY!! » | More who am I like » | I love these things! » 

Wednesday, November 03, 2004 

In Clean Sweep, 11 States Pass Bans on Same-Sex Marriages

This is very disappointing and, in all honesty, very depressing.

In Clean Sweep, 11 States Pass Bans on Same-Sex Marriages

Especially this passage from the article:

"The proposed amendments in Mississippi, Montana and Oregon referred only to marriage, specifying that it should be limited to unions of one man and one woman. The measures in Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Michigan, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma and Utah called for a ban on civil unions as well."

I have nothing more to say at this time, it disgusts me...

Laws like this take time. I can't help but think that the city mayors who went outside their state laws and performed the marriages did more harm than good. Because that is what people remember. They don't think about Britney Spears and her 55 hour marriage or Liz Taylor and her 20 husbands. Neither of these people respect marriage in my opinion, yet they are allowed.

I believe that, one day, marriage will be allowed for anyone willing to make the commitment. But it will be a while in coming- as is anything worth having.

That was very nice, and all true, thank you Jody.

Jody makes some good points. In time, things will change. It's inevitable.

I don't believe in marriage between gay and lesbian couples. I believe they should have the same rights as straight couples and that it should be called something other than marriage. I really don't believe in keeping rights from them.

To me, as time moves on people forget that old traditions made the country what it is. I think marriage should stay what it is and something like 'Civil Unions' should become a new tradition.

Things will change. Let the old fashioned people have their old fashioned ways and the new-fangled people invent new ways. (Personally, I fall right in the middle of them both.) What should never go out of style is respect for everyone.

Post a Comment