« Home | In Clean Sweep, 11 States Pass Bans on Same-Sex Ma... » | I've been a bad boy » | Still Waiting... » | Astrology » | "Hobbits" do exist » | Sweeney Todd » | Another one... :-) » | Too good to pass up... » | CONGRATULATIONS DOUG AND JODY!! » | More who am I like » 

Friday, November 05, 2004 

Opening night

“Opening night…..it’s opening night”
The Producers: The Musical

That’s right, it’s opening night folks. Last night we had a show for JSTT patrons and one reviewer from Des Moines, but tonight is official opening night.

We should get our review from him today some time, so that’s exciting! I hope he doesn’t say “Everyone did a superior job, except for Lars, he just didn’t seem to be able to find his characters.” That would make me sad because I think I’m doing very well in this show and I’ve never been reviewed before and am actually a little confident in myself!

We did fairly well last night, I was happy with it, no one screwed up! The CD player screwed up and left our Rick high and dry for about 5 minutes. He then proceeded to throw a diva fit and attack the director backstage who was already in a tissy back stage trying to figure out why our CD player worked for pre-show music but then all of a sudden wasn’t working 5 minutes later, so they yelled at each other the first break we had in the show and that was uncomfortable…

My characters are Thursby/Vangilder/Rigfield and yes it is written in the script to be played by one actor. Thursby is a two bit gun-runner who gets murdered and as he is dying sings “It Was…” while dancing his death tango with Rick (yes, it is as funny as it sounds!). Vangilder is a Dutch blackmailer, until he is murdered as well (yes, funny accent!). And Rigfield is a British Deputy Inspector (yes, another accent!).

Everyone that I know that lives in Iowa come see it! (Hell, I don’t have to know you for you to come see it either) I guarantee it will be a fun night.

Here is the info again:

JUDGE STORY'S THEATRICAL TROUPE presents:
Murder at Café Noir
A comic tribute to the Bogart Movies of the 1940's by David Landau

November 5-7, 12-14, 19-21, 2004
Fridays & Saturdays - 6 pm Social Hour - 7 pm Dinner & Show
Sundays - 5 pm Social Hour - 6 pm Dinner & Show

The Cottage on Broad
410 Broad Street
Story City
Reservations: 515-773-4376
http://www.cottageonbroad.com
Tickets: $30 (non-refundable) includes dinner & show.

This forties detective story come to life features Rick Archer, P.I., out
to find a curvaceous runaway on the forgotten island of Mustique, a place
stuck in a black-and-white era. The owner of the Cafe Noir has washed
ashore, murdered, and Rick's quarry was the last person seen with him. He
employs his hard-boiled talents to find the killer. Was it the French
Madame and club manager, the voodoo priestess, the shyster British
attorney, the black marketeer or the femme fatale? The audience votes
twice on what they want Rick to do next and these decisions change the
flow of this comic tribute to the Bogart era.

Cast List:
Rick Archer, P.I. - Robby
Madam Toureau - Marla
Sheila Wonderly - Andrea
Anthony Cairo - Clay
Marie LaRue - Veronica
Simon Gutterman - Adam
Thursby/VanGilder/Rigfield - Lars

Director - Jena

That play sounds really funny! Just the guy singing and dancing when he's dying would make this worth seeing. BTW, got my blog up, it's boring so far, but it's up if you want to see. Also, do genetically engineered cats taste any better?

Haha, I don't know Jarod, I'll let you try and report back to me ;-)

Ok, I'm off to your blog now!

Post a Comment