« Home | Finally I figured something out in Photoshop...wit... » | SO Cute... » | The Lion King @ The Civic Center » | Las Vegas Phantom cast announced! » | Small Update » | There's probably so much to say... » | Auditions are OVER » | So........ » | ITW Poster » | New Book & DVD » 

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 

Why is race always an issue?

ISU Coaching Changes Raise Diversity Concerns

Come on...really? Because both of the coaches were black and they were replaced, very quickly, with two white guys it probably has something to do with race? Maybe those two were the best qualified? Maybe ISU had their eyes on those two new coaches already and it has absolutely nothing to do with race or diversity?

Just like some story I overheard on the news last night. Some political official, I believe, who was black, didn't have her security clearance card or ID and tried to enter a secure area. The guards asked her to stop, she didn't, they told her to stop or show ID, she didn't, and so they had to grab her and pull her back. And she believe it's racial profiling. Really? Maybe it was because you didn't have clearance, or at least dind't have the proper ID to show you had clearance...maybe that's the ONLY reason.

I understand that racial issues still exist, and I think it's disgusting that they do, and that people can think the way they think just because of the color of someone's skin. But it's not always about race, people.

Yeah I posted about this on my blog as well. Her name is Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney and the problem arose because she changed her hairdo and the guards didn't recognize her. The politicans up on the Hill are totally "You should know who I am and call me SIR!" (or Ma'am, of course) and it's actually quite irritating. Is there such a thing as a humble politican these days? I don't think so...

Don't you know, Lars, if you are African American and you don't like what has happened it is ALWAYS about race. Ugh! Don't get me started...

You know, people blow things out of proportion. Yeah, I'm mexican but just because my maiden name is Martinez, I didn't blame people's mis-treatments on my ethnicity. It is a problem and has been. BUT, so many people assume that is still happening, even when it's not. That so irritates me too. I sit on the state civil rights committee at work and some of the stuff is a stretch of the imagination but that's life as we know it these days.

I, too, love Hickory Park!

Cool! Thanks for visiting my blog, Tamara, and sharing some comments. You must be from Iowa too then, Hickory Park is great. :-)

Post a Comment