« Home | Small Update » | There's probably so much to say... » | Auditions are OVER » | So........ » | ITW Poster » | New Book & DVD » | If You Give A Mouse A Cookie & Other Stories » | This would fix it » | Into the Woods Logo » | Babysitter Report » 

Thursday, March 30, 2006 

Las Vegas Phantom cast announced!

As read on CB.org as reported from broadwayworld.com Click here for the article

Although they are cutting it down to 90 minutes, which is a shame, but what they always do for Las Vegas shows, it's still definitely something I want to hear. In particular because the one, the only, Lawson Skala is playing Firmin!! Even though it's not the most expansive role, he'll still rock it out. And then Brent Barrett is playing Phantom! They say Phantom and Christine and Carlotta are being double cast due to the challenging vocal score and performance schedule, but that's a bunch of bunk because tons of people have played those roles, over and over, with no problem...but whatever. I believe they do perform the show more than 8 times a week in Las Vegas, but I'm not sure of that.

Either way....GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I love Lawson Skala, I can't help it. I gushed all over him in my reviews of the two JCSs I saw. I met him at the stagedoor for both, and he's the nicest guy in the world! He is BEYOND talented, as a singer and actor and makeup artist (as he did his own makeup for JCS). I'm really pumped that he's getting more work.

Then Brent Barrett is phenomenal, he's going to be perfect in that role! He was in Kiss Me, Kate, Annie Get Your Gun, Chicago, etc. etc. He has such a melting voice, he was perfect for all three of those shows I mentioned above, but certainly for Billy Flynn in Chicago.

My mom bought tickets to go see Les Mis in Seattle, and she bought everyone a ticket except me because she thought I wouldn't be interested because I wouldnt' want to leave a month-old baby with a baby sitter for the weekend.

:o(

so i dont have a ticket.

A friend of mine is headed to Vegas to do Phantom -- a little inside scoop, lots of insider's view. He was hand picked by ALW... very cool. I can tell you it's in his contract to do the Vegas Cast recording! Residuals forever!

Keep up the good work
» » »

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »

Post a Comment