« Home | The Christmas Rose » | What Am I Suppose To Do? » | Suit Up! » | Where is everybody?? » | The Hunter » | 2005 NYC Marathon » | I cleaned something! » | Ever Think? » | Pictures » | No problems anymore » 

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 

Lowes Update ;-) and the rest of the night

I called this morning and left a message with the woman that is going to come measure, so I'm waiting for her to call back. That's all there is with that, I just asked her for the # and left it at that, I'll just take care of it. -- and as I'm typing this big long blog she called and she'll come measure it tonight, so all is ok there too.

However, while asking her for the # I say "Keep in mind some times to take Kaia to the new daycare, that's all I'm sayin'" and she said "I think we're going to do that today"...so that's good!

Last night when she got home with Kaia there was not much conversation and much moody-ness on her part. She started in on supper and figured out she was missing one ingredient. But she said, "I'm missing heavy whipping cream and gas" which meant "Go fill my car with gas while you're out" so, whatever, I decided to do that for her.

Well she has been complaining for probably months now, that her car was making weird noises and she felt like it was going to explode. I kept telling her to take it to my dad and see if he knows anything. She never did. So last night as I get into her car to fill it with gas, I back it out of the driveway and it makes the most godawful noise I've ever heard a car make. It makes it every. time. I. use. the. brake. Hello! Even I can figure out there's a problem with your brakes. But I take it to my dad, he confirms that and says it's probably the brake pads and brake drum...which, he said he just had done on his truck, and it's about $500 or somewhere around there. Well, we are really strapped for cash right now, so that just wont work. This is the car I had before I got the one I have now and so this is the car that has plenty of miles and also has the front right tire well all scrunched up and shitty because I had the tire completely explode while going close to 80mph on the interstate last year. SO...with that exploded front, the shitty breaks, and the high mileage I am SURE we will not get jackshit for trade in value, but with the price it will probably be to have it fix, the car is not worth that and we might as well shop for a very cheap used car. But first, I'll have to pay $80 or so to have the mechanic just look at it and tell me what's wrong and how much it'll cost. YOu know, because the bastards charge about $80 an hour for work. If we end up going the route of used car, which I don't see another way around it, then we'll be using probably all of the bonus I'm about to get from work and therefore, shitty Christmas presents for everyone because we'll be pretty friggin' out of money and we were hoping to feel a little better once this bonus hit the bank, but not anymore. Always something right?

ANYWAY -- after I learn the fate of the car I go to the only grocery store in town and learn that they are clean out of heavy whipping cream. Apparently the driver that usually brings the dairy-type stuff is on vacation and so he has a replacement doing his job and the replacement forgot about half the stuff. The dairy container was missing almost all yogurt and some milks and stuff...GREAT. An already pissed off, stressed out wife will now just have a shit-fit with this news.

I go home, and I was right, she's pissed off and storms into the other room and throws herself on the floor to try and hide for a minute and cool off. So the chicken was done, the noodles were done, but the alfredo sauce really cannot be completed without the heavy whipping cream. Oh, and I called my mom and she didn't have any either.

So I propose using the noodles for spaghetti anyway and so we do that. I also eat some of the chicken because it's yummy and has that yummy spice concotion that my sister invented. Supper is pretty much diverted at least. A waste of a chicken breast and a half and a waste of whatever else goes into the sauce but oh well.

As we're eating I break the silence and say that if she plays with Kaia I will make the kitchen cleaner because I'm really getting sick of all the messy shit and so I'm taking some action (which is why I did the upstairs area Saturday and it felt great). No response, which I take as ok and spring into action. I'm actually breaking a sweat by cleaning hard and fast and the kitchen is pretty ok looking, still dishes, but I couldn't get them all done at once with the dishwasher full and having to take the water spout because it's a pull-out, old dishwasher that plugs into the faucet with hot water and then has a power cord too. So there's still some dishes, but I scrubbed the counters, cleared off the table, cleared the kitchen floor and swept it. So the kitchen can be really good in the next couple of days of finishing cleaning it, the bathroom is "ok", the upstairs area is fantastic, our room is "ok", Kaia's room is "ok" and the laundry/playroom is still pretty messy.

Then I called my friend and we set up to go running at 9 pm. When I first told her I wanted to run she was a little iffy, but then I set it up anyway and when I went to leave she was fine and told me to have a good run, etc.

That run was horrendous! 3 miles after about a month break and only running about 2 1/2 weeks before the month break. It was HARD. I'm sore today. We ran our normal course through town backward this time and it is more uphill and we ran it at a slightly faster pace...man I was beat when we were done. It was 3 miles in 32 minutes and some seconds. Felt so good to get out and run though. We set up Thursday for our next run. Then probably one or two times over Fri-Sun and then my sister who is getting married and we're going out for in Arizona says she has started running, so I'll just run with her out in AZ! ETA: I just checked, Sept. 18th was my last run. And it was about 2 weeks of solid running before that. So it's closer to 2 months since I've run last.

So we got done, we watched My Name is Earl then I went home and V and I watched Desperate Housewives and went to bed!

THAT, my friends, was my evening...and, as you know Merrit, I didn't even talk about what happened during the day!

Ummm, you probably don't want to know that you can make alfredo sauce with milk right?

Uh, yeah, I didn't think so. ;)

Glad you are working on cleaning the house - once you get everything to a point - it's easy to keep clean. YEA for you on going back to the running! I am glad you are doing it!

Post a Comment