« Home | Pictures » | No problems anymore » | Bunch of crap » | Yeah, baby! It rocked...I knew it would. V and I... » | Christmas » | The Poster » | Another observation » | A Couple of Driving Thoughts » | Craving » | Pictures » 

Friday, November 04, 2005 

Ever Think?

Ever think that since you haven't blogged, or haven't blogged anything interesting that everyone thinks nothing is going on in your life?

Well, that's not true here, there is plenty going on. I just replay these stories of things going on in my head and they are sooo long that I just don't have the time here at work to write it all out anymore. I wish I could...I don't guarantee it would interest any of you, but I want to.

The continuing saga on the music for my sisters wedding --

Got the two songs downloaded and found another version of "The Prayer" on Limewire, so I have all three now burned onto a CD.

Just one problem...listening to the two "The Prayer" tracks I could tell something was not right on the first one, I tried singing it and it sure felt lower. So I had Veronica go over to the piano and play it the way we're used to singing it, out of the Josh Groban book, and sure enough it's 1/2 step lower than normal...and that's the one off MSN music, the one that is from the Karaoke CD "Sing Josh Groban." WHy the hell would they choose a different key?

So, I play the other one I found on Limewire...don't know where this one came from, but it's one whole step HIGHER than what we're used to singing.

Now...I am a high first tenor...I sing high, like a girl at times ;-). But, in this particular song it ends on an A above the Treble Clef line. Visual time...



The bottom left shows the A that I end on for this song. I can hit that fine, no problem. Take that a step higher and now I'm ending on a B...which is the picture two over from the A, or second from right on the bottom line. I can hit that too, but it's a very light, piano sounding note and those are always harder to hit and control. Sopranos and tenor know this, the higher the note, the harder to control. So, that's singing that all high and floating. I also hit that at the climax of the song where I'm just singing the shit out of the notes and THAT will be great. Nothing like slamming out some high notes, so rich and enjoyable. So, since the song goes low for both Jena and I at one point we cannot lower it a half step, so I'm sure we'll take the higher route. It should be fun! I absolutely LOVE being a tenor and I love hitting the high notes. It'll just be interesting to sing in a new, higher key! :-)

When there is no posting I think just the opposite - there is too much going on to post. OR that they are just sick of posting and see it as a emotionally-needy-friend type blog who just sucks too much out of you and puts a guilt trip on when you don't post. (And I DO mean the blog itself... nothing to do with readers!) So sometimes I just want to delete the whole darn blog because it's just 'guilt' if I'm not posting.

But...
I never figure 'nothing' is going on. :)

There's always somethin' to blog about! Sorry, I am SO not a musical chic, I have no clue what you're going through...

but I love to read what other people have to say!

Post a Comment