« Home | Ever Think? » | Pictures » | No problems anymore » | Bunch of crap » | Yeah, baby! It rocked...I knew it would. V and I... » | Christmas » | The Poster » | Another observation » | A Couple of Driving Thoughts » | Craving » 

Monday, November 07, 2005 

I cleaned something!

I really did!

The upstairs landing between Kaia's room and ours. So you go up the stairs and come to this landing area and walk across it to Kaia's room or take a right and it's our room. It's hard to explain but it's about 15'x15' area. It's lined with bookshelves (We really like books and reading) and one desk Veronica uses for school work. And then it was just clogged with boxes from the move. Stuff we hadn't got to or didn't know where to put...

Well, I solved most of that problem! I found a spot for most things and for other stuff, I put it somewhere else, lol, because it wasn't supposed to be there.

Saturday evening around 6 PM I am wondering what in the hell I am going to do until Kaia goes to bed at 8:30. I canNOT play dolls or go fish for 2 1/2 hours straight...I just can't do it, and once again the messy house was eating away at me, so I sent Kaia up to play in her room and I felt bad that I did that, so I went up there with her and she played and cleaned a bit in her room and played with me and helped me clean out in the landing area. Half of the boxes was Kaia's stuff anyway, so she had a blast finding toys she didn't remember having or toys she was excited to see again.

It was fun! and dammit, it's clean now! It is such a glorious feeling. My favorite chair is up there. It goes in the corner between book shelves unless someone wants it out then they can pull it out. The floor is cleared and you can walk and play out there. There is a little 13" TV there (that I watched Category 7 on last night since our TiVo was taping Desperate Housewives and Law & Order) and Veronica's school desk. It is great...such a great feeling!

Now...the main floor -- living room, laundry/play room, Kitchen, and entryway...ugh...oh yeah, and our bedroom. Well at least that one room makes me feel happy and accomplished now! And I see that room everyday as I pass through it on the way downstairs and then also on the way to my room.

I should have taken a before and after picture, I should still take an after picture!