« Home | Am I getting old? » | Lars needs... » | Birthday » | Some Pictures » | New Look » | Change my BLOG » | New Daycare » | Sex » | Weird High » | Grocery List » 

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 

My Weekend

I had a pretty busy but good weekend.

On Friday I left work early and we took Kaia to the doctor for her 4 year check up -- all was fine and she was doing good and growing fast as usual. The doctor talked to us for a bit about bed time and what was going on and things we could do. I'll have to get into that in a separate post. So basically we got groceries, ate supper and Kaia went to bed.

Saturday I had to get up and go to choir rehearsal. Honestly, I was ok with that. I love choir. The rehearsal was from 9-3:30. It was great! We sound so good already and we don't even perform until December. The songs just completely rock...the whole thing is just so much fun and worth it.

Sunday I got up and took Kaia to Sunday school, this is her 4th time for Sunday School and today I got to stand out in the hallway while she had class and during the singing she actually sang some! Every other Sunday I've had to stay in class with her, which is fine, but it's just a matter of her not being so shy and being able to do things like this without me...which she did this last Sunday! The other Sunday's I wasn't holding her or anything, just standing against the wall and watching, so she wasn't completely dependant. This next Sunday they get up and sing in front of the church, the whole 3 year olds-1st grade classes. I wonder if she'll do it...I'm hoping she will as long as I'm sitting in the front row waiting for her and watching her because this last Sunday she also went up for the Children's sermon and I was just in the front row and she was participating. I don't know if part of it was because her cousin Eva was there, but Eva will be there this Sunday too for the singing because Eva goes to our church for Sunday school too, she's just in the class above Kaia. So, this Sunday should be interesting and fun :-) It's so much fun to watch her personality grow and see her interact with the kids and teachers and see her take direction so well nad participate and have fun.

Also Sunday we went and saw "Angels in America Part One: Millenium Approaches" at StageWest in Des Moines.

WOW..it was SOOO good. It was, probably, one of the best pieces of theatre I have ever seen. Tony Kushner wrote an amazing play with an amazing story and amazing characters. I was completely engrossed. I don't know what more I can say, there was so much emotion in that show...so much to think about after it was over. It was a 3 hour show with two intermissions and that's only Part One.

You may have heard of this show, it was turned in to a movie in parts on HBO last year with Al Pacino and a bunch of Broadway names you wouldn't have heard of :-)

Tony Kushner wrote this amazing script, as I said, but the actors acted the HELL out of it. Man, amazing actors. Simply some of the best theatre I've seen in years. It's not your fluffy funny plays or musicals this is serious, heavy shit. They were amazing actors who seemed to have honed their craft to a T for this show.

Now this isn't a show most of you would probably want to see. Here's what Newsweek described it as, which is on StageWest's web site:


Winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Drama and the Tony Award for Best Play

“Daring and dazzling! The most ambitious American play of our time: an epic that ranges from earth to heaven: focuses on politics, sex and religion; transports us to Washington, the Kremlin, the South Bronx, Salt Lake City and Antarctica; deals with Jews, Mormons, WASPs, blacks; switches between realism and fantasy, from the tragedy of AIDS to the camp comedy of drag queens to the death, or at least the absconding, of God.” Jack Kroll, Newsweek


Just amazing...I have to go rent the HBO movie now, watch Part One to see how they did it and then watch Part Two so I know how it ends!

I was busy this weekend too and didn't get on computer hardly at ALL. Kind of good to see you hadn't posted either. LOL. At least I'm not too far behind! :)

Nope, I read your blog yesterday and it said something about not being around and having to catch up and I was thinking "well, I didn't post so no problems for catching up to me!" ;-)

Post a Comment