« Home | Some Pictures » | New Look » | Change my BLOG » | New Daycare » | Sex » | Weird High » | Grocery List » | Tagged! » | Happy 1 year for me! » | Phobia » 

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 

Birthday

Kaia's birthday is coming up.

I want to make her a cake, using a disney princess cake pan, and then decorate it myself. I don't think my mom has a tin for Belle or Sleeping Beauty or Cinderella or Snow White, etc...so I don't know where to go about getting one of these. She might have a snow white one, I'd have to ask her.

I need to get Disney princess cups, plates, napkins, placemats, etc. etc.

But I don't know what to do for a party...she doesn't really have anyone to invite...there's where I'm lost. She just started Sunday School so she doesn't know any of those kids, and I don't know any parents with kids Kaia's age, except my cousin who has her two kids that Kaia plays with sometimes...but what, I'm going to have a party for a bunch of adults and 3 little kids?

My sister's all "What are you doing for Kaia's birthday?! You need to decide now!! Well, if you're going to then you need to do this and that" Yes, I know. But...you don't have any kids so shut up.

So tell me parents of young ones or ones that were young...what do you do for a 4 year old when she doesn't really have any little kids that she has as friends. Just the kids she sees at daycare, which none of them are her age (which is one reason we're leaving -- there was one her age but she left), or the ones she sees at Sunday School who she doesn't even know.

I think I'll probably still invite my cousin and her husband and their kids, since we're sort of close cousins and what not, but...they never invite Kaia to their birthday parties...maybe they don't have ones. But every time we go over there to play it's because I called up and said "Hey, want to get together so the kids can play?" But that's just the way she is, I guess, she never calls to invite us over.

Whatever...what do I do? What did you do?

Hobby Lobby or Michaels has cake pans. You can get plates, cups, etc at one of those party superstores (there's one by Besy Buy in W DSM).

As for parties... I don't know what to tell you. If she doesn't have any kids that she knows well close enough to her age, well, what can you do? Personally I would hold off until she has to have a party- preschool or kindergarten. They only get bigger & more expensive, you know.

Cake and Candy supply shops rent cake pans!!!! Since you won't use it much this is an idea for ya.

2nd idea; I have a Barbie one if you get desperate. LOL.

As for the kids: When Peanut was 4 we didn't really know her preschool classmates well so we didn't have one. When she was three we invited neighbors.... when she was 5 we just did a family party. The 'real' parties start when they are in Kindergarten usually then you can invite the classmates. I'm not sure if I'd hold a 'kids' party this year if it were me.

Baby Girl's party on Saturday is just family...we haven't had a kid party yet - maybe for Big Guy's b-day we will take him and a few friends to chuckie cheese...or something like that.

Jody is right - Hobby Lobby will have cake pans, our library will loan out cake pans (weird huh?).

Meritt's right- the real parties don't start till school does. The Monkey hasn't had a party "party" yet.

Get the princess stuff, borrow Meritt's barbie tin & alter the frosting to mimick the Disney beauty of your choice and have a tea party with dress up!!! You could be the Prince who rides in on a broomstick horse!

Yay for Kaia's bday! :)

See, I think y'all are right, I don't need to have a party this year. There's nothing wrong with it just being family. I'm still going to make the cake and get the little plates and cups and napkins and what not, but just make it me, V, my parents and my sister.

It just feels wrong not to throw a party for her and have it be the best day of the year.

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
» » »

Post a Comment