« Home | Kid Leashes » | It's That Time Again! Part 2 - Des Moines » | It's That Time Again! Part 1 - Ames » | I tried, Meritt, I did » | Get Over It » | Maybe CDs shouldn't cost so fucking much then » | Busy » | It was good » | "Yesterday" » | One of the best movies! » 

Thursday, August 25, 2005 

Nervous

Jeez...what I thought was going to be laid back is starting to make me nervous.

I'm auditioning for the Ames Choral Society tonight. I had talked with the director and she's REALLY nice and I thought I was just auditioning and chances are I'd get in.

Well, I talked to her today and she's still really nice, but there are people auditioning before me and after me and she'd rather hear me sing an "artsy" song. I told her one I had in mind and she thought that would be ok. She wanted to know if I knew any Italian songs and I said I only sang one and it is a duet.

I know I sing good
I know I sing quiet easily well enough for this choir

How do I show her that?!

I know if I can nail this song (which I haven't sang since sophomore year of college a good 4 years ago) then that'll be good, but I don't think it shows my voice like others.

I know she's going to have me do scales, which I'll nail and then show her how much of an asset to this choir I can be. Because I can go forever high on scales and people are always impressed, so I hope I have that going for me.

I know she's going to have me do sightreading, which I don't fancy all that much, but hopefully I can bluff my way through that.

Dammit, I'm nervous now! I know I can sing well, I know I can do this choir, but auditioning has ALWAYS sucked for me. Especially for people who don't already know my voice, people who haven't heard me sing for years now. I do very well in choirs...I just need to show her that!!