« Home | I tried, Meritt, I did » | Get Over It » | Maybe CDs shouldn't cost so fucking much then » | Busy » | It was good » | "Yesterday" » | One of the best movies! » | What's that smell? » | What is it? » | Yes » 

Wednesday, August 17, 2005 

It's That Time Again! Part 1 - Ames

It's musical season!!! We have known this for quite some time, known which shows were coming to the Civic Center and Stephens Auditorium, but I bring this joyous news to you because now they are actually within a month of starting.



Yesterday we got tickets to Miss Saigon in Ames at Stephens Auditorium. 3rd row for $19/ticket. :-D We JUST saw this in Des Moines when it was there a couple 3 or 4 months ago probably. LOVED IT!! Can't wait to see it again, and though I love to see new casts and new people, I would LOVE to have the same Engineer. He was perfection in that role, honestly, you're not going to find a better Engineer.

Phenomenal show, just really is emotional and tear-jerker and great, great, great.

Ok, so this is September 17th, and it's at 3 pm and 7:30 pm. We're going in the evening, join us won't you?



It's coming in October!!! OH YES WE"RE GOING! The Full Monty is SO hilarious and we saw it in Des Moines last year. And yes...they DO take it all off at the end. They rip away their little g-strings and right when they do a HUGE spolight shining right behind each individual guy turns on and you can't see anything...unless you're sitting at the very end of the firt row, then you can see around the spotlight to their little pee pees...not that my wife, sister and I know anything about that...:-)

SUCH a good show...SO pumped! This is also in Ames. October 29 at 7:30 pm. Be there.



Eh, its an ok show. I actually don't know too much about it and have never seen it before, so I might go for that reason. I just love pretty much all musicals, so I know I'd have a good time and I love the dancing, but if I don't go I wont be crushed.

Ames January 24 at 7:30 pm



I was SOOOO bummed I didn't get to see this when it was in Des Moines last year. It was tech weekend of a show I was doing in Story City and I couldn't go. Thoroughly Modern Millie is such a good show. Love the guys parts and Millie is phenomenal part for any woman to play. Great, more sophisticated show. SO happy I get to see it this time.

This is in Ames and it is February 11 at 7:30 pm! If you don't like all kinds of musicals but know you like to go to the theatre sometimes, this one is definately for you.



Eh, it's ok. I did it last year in Story City and so it might be fun to see a professional show of it, since I've never seen it except either high school or community theatre.

I think we'll go, but if we don't have the time or resources we're not going to freak out about it.

Ames...February 22 at 7:30pm.