« Home | It's That Time Again! Part 1 - Ames » | I tried, Meritt, I did » | Get Over It » | Maybe CDs shouldn't cost so fucking much then » | Busy » | It was good » | "Yesterday" » | One of the best movies! » | What's that smell? » | What is it? » 

Friday, August 19, 2005 

It's That Time Again! Part 2 - Des Moines

Well, it's also that time again for Des Moines and the good 'ol Civic Center! This year's Broadway Series is a little...eh. They are good shows, believe me, just not ones I'm jumping up and down about like in previous years and like at this years for Ames. Let's take a quick look at the line up:



Doctor Doolittle...October 18-23. Now, there is suppose to be a pretty decent size-named musical theatre actor playing the good Doctor, but I can't remember. I'll have to go back through my sites I go to to look up that info.

Now me, being a musical theatre junkie/geek, I'd like to go to it, probably in the cheap seats since it's not that exciting, just to go to it. I want to see what it's like. I want to see as much theatre as I can and this should be interesting and, for me, all musicals are fun to go to...just some more than others.

If there is time and money we'll go.

Edit: ah yes, Tom Hewitt. Played the title role in Broadway's Dracula, The Musical (yes it was a big flop) last year and was in RHPS. See, just a decent-size name in professional theatre. WOuld like to say I've seen him though. I'll try to get to this one.



What a crappy logo they got for Cats, it's not even their logo. They can do better than that...but that's besides the point.

So V and I saw cats, I think 3 years ago, in Ames. We went and saw it because we're both theatre people (hope to be working in theatre sometime in our lives) and so it's a staple and we had to go...it was ok. It's Cats, either you love it or don't care if you ever see it again. We're the latter.

I highly doubt we'll go to see this. November 22-26.



Little Shop of Horrors, December 13-18.

Once again...where's the damn logo?! Though, being a geek, I know that picture is of Jonathan Rayson who is currently Seymour in the tour. I recognize him because we went to see this in our recent trip to Chicago to see Wicked.

It was good theatre. Little Shop is good clean classical theatre. It's nothing too over-the-top exciting like other shows, but it's good to go see!

If there's time and money we'll go, I'd like to see it again. But it's not guaranteed.



There we go! A logo!

The Lion King - March 3 - April 9...yeah this is their big pull this year, along with, somewhat, Hairspray, which I'll get to in a bit.

I'm excited about this, this is what excites me the most about this year at The Civic Center...but it doesn't excite me WAY much, like a lot of other things.

We just missed going to this in Chicago because we went to Wicked a 2nd time instead (Because I wont lotto for front row seats!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

I'd love to see this, it's huge spectacle and I like the songs and it's just a good show. It's a Disney show, it's huge spectacle.

Definately, if nothing is conflicting the schedule (though I doubt something can take up a whole damn month worth of performances) then we will be going to this!



Hairspray...April 25-30

You know, I"m just not into Hairspray. I've listened to the music. Big stars have been and are in the Broadway show (Harvey Firestein, Bruce Vilanch, etc) and big Broadway names that no one but me would know. AND it won a bunch of Tonys...but I just don't care much about this musical. I guess it's just not my kind of musical.

I'll go see it anyway. Because it is nice, it's fun and it will definately be worth the time and money (though I think every professional show is) and it's definately a show to see, I'll be glad I saw it, just not one of my top shows TO see.



This is the last show, I'll come explain it later, I actually ran out of time to even finish...