« Home | One of the best movies! » | What's that smell? » | What is it? » | Yes » | One Idea? » | Creative Block » | Piano Mover » | I am a lonely, lonely, man » | Thongs » | E-mails » 

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 

"Yesterday"

So I rehearsed "Yesterday" last night and it was great. I have to admit, I really liked singing it and I think I sounded pretty good. The thing I'm most excited about though is how I'm presenting the song. It'll just be me, up on stage, down center on a stool with just a spotlight on me. I'm going to sit with one foot on a rung and the other on the ground and start singing. Then move to corners of the stage as I feel it in the song and then end at the "mmm's" on the stool again. I think it'll be pretty damn sweet and I'm excited for it now. I will try to get it recorded on MD, though I'm having troubles finding a way to get it onto the internet for people to hear. It's such a simple, pleasent introspective song and it sounds beautiful and I love it.

The men's chorus is going to sound good. The barbershop is going to sound "ok" but it wears out my voice and I don't want to do it. I"m feeling tired today already from yesterday singing my two solos a few times and the barbershop songs a few times each. The other solo I'm singing will be fine, but I'm not as excited for that as I am for Yesterday.

I need a voice instructor to work with me and get my voice to be stronger, as in able to sing for long periods of time without wearing out and tiring out. It sucks big time.


"Yesterday"


Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away
Now it looks as though they’re here to stay
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Suddenly, I’m not half the man I used to be,
There’s a shadow hanging over me.
Oh, yesterday came suddenly.

Why she had to go I don’t know she wouldn’t say.
I said something wrong, now I long for yesterday.

Yesterday, love was such an easy game to play.
Now I need a place to hide away.
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Mm mm mm mm mm mm mm.