« Home | Full body massage » | Next blog » | Community Involvement (Blogger Community, That Is) » | Here I am! » | Merry Christmas All! » | Ok, we have a little problem » | Well » | She's gone » | It drives me nuts... » | That's it... » 

Monday, December 27, 2004 

TiVo loves me! :-)

Ok, long story.

We set up our new TiVo last night and we set it up under V's name so we could refer me and see if it worked to give me a referel on myself (does that make sense?!). Well, it worked. BUT today I realized we would be paying for full service ($12.95/month) for each TiVo, because we were signed up seperately, instead of the advertised $12.95 for one + $6.95 for an additional, which we couldn't afford, so we were just going to cancel the first one and leave the service on the second one, but then we wanted to get referal points to me, so we tried that and were now going to be stuck next month with two bills of $12.95.

So, I called TiVo and told them what we did and that I wanted the old TiVo to be cancelled but I wanted my reward points to be brought over to the other account (not telling them that it was my own referal that got me those points) and so she did what she could, came back and told me I couldn't refer myself (dammit!) but she set up my two accounts as a duplicate account so it looked like I set up my accounts under the same name (instead of the old one under my name and the new one under V's name) different e-mail and so I said ok and she transfered me to the cancellation department.

The cancellation guy came on, I told him I wanted to cancel one and he went "oh, well I'm sorry to hear that." I say, "Well, don't worry I still have one TiVo that I'm using and the other is just going to go in the bedroom and not have service." and as I'm saying that he says, "Well, I see you have two." and then he says "Well that's strange when you signed up for the second one it should have signed you up at the $6.95 additional rate because your account names are the same" (because the first lady changed the names so they looked the same, instead of one saying Veronica and one saying Lars - hehehe) and so he says to me "How would you like it if I got you both TiVo's with service at $6.95 a piece?" and I said "yeah, I'd like that!" and so he hooks me up gansta style! Both TiVo's are now under one name and one e-mail address and I will be getting them both with full service for a total of $13.90/month instead of $19.90 as advertised for two TiVo's with full service!

It was a small something, but something went my way for once!

Yay for small victories :-)

P.S. - IF ANYONE IS PLANNING ON GETTING A TIVO, WHEN YOU SIGN UP FOR THE SERVICE AND IT ASKS FOR THE E-MAIL ADDRESS OF THE FRIEND THAT REFERED YOU...USE theatretenor@hotmail.com FOR ME PLEASE!! Doug/Jody? You should look into a TiVo...YankeeBob...TiVo...refer me....theatretenor@hotmail.com...subliminal message...

Wow.
Awesome for you... confusing for me... but still awesome for you. LOL.

Lars, silly, don't you ever read your comments? We have TiVo. And have for a while now. Love it, love it, love it.

oooh, I dind't know you have it. I must be completely oblivious! ;-) LOL Well...if you get another one :-D lol

Post a Comment