« Home | Well » | She's gone » | It drives me nuts... » | That's it... » | I sure am a dutiful blogger » | Spiders » | Supper » | Urinetown » | Try this one Meritt! » | Bloggers Can Be Friends » 

Wednesday, December 22, 2004 

Ok, we have a little problem

My co-worker who left's work is starting to come through as someone needing to do it. Just little odds and ends.

One was proofing a map with information on it.

I was asked if I had done that before, I said no. So the person then said, well do you want me to do it then, because ***** is on her way down. I said, "No, I'll do it."

PLEASE, it's my job now, not yours. You don't even work in MPCI, why would I want you to do it?
PLEASE, don't you think I can handle PROOFING a map?! Give me a break...

So, ****** calls and says, "DO you know who normally proofs the maps with (my co-worker)?"
I say, "No."
She says "Well,I think it was probably someone from this department."
I say, "Well, I can do them. Isn't just a bunch of information on an Excel spreadsheet that you need to make sure is correct on the map?"
"Yes."
"Ok, well, I'll need to learn anyway." Says I.
"Well, yes it is, ok, sounds good. I think it was someone in this department. So we'll figure that out and get back to you."

So........we HAVE to use the person that did it last year, because proofing a map is so hard that someone that did it last year would be the only person that can do it now? I can't do it here with someone in my department?

Want to know what else is going on? Someone who DOESN"T need to be telling me what to do, is trying to tell me what to do.

"Well, you need to have someone else know how to do what you do for when you're gone." -- No shit. I have someone else that knows what I do completely, thanks though. Lynn didn't even know what I did anymore because it had been so long since she had done what I do.

"Do you have a instruction sheet on what you do? Because you need to make a list of instructions on what you do so someone can follow it if you're gone and your replacement is gone." -- No shit. Do you not think I know this? Do you not think I can handle this? I can handle it. I just needed to freak out because it was unexpected and she left before she had a chance to tell me what I needed to know that she did, so now I have to play catch up. But as long as I'm here I can figure it out and I can handle it...why don't you just stick to what you know (which is a lot less than me) and let me handle it unless I ask you for help...thanks though.

Update Mister.
Update.

Post a Comment