« Home | Jesus Christ Superstar: Ames, IA (11/09/04) » | » | R.I.P Howard Keel » | RENT - - The Movie » | Unmotivated/soul searching/no job/musical news and... » | My Cast Recordings » | How do I walk? What does my butt look like? » | Opening night » | In Clean Sweep, 11 States Pass Bans on Same-Sex Ma... » | I've been a bad boy » 

Wednesday, November 10, 2004 

I have applied yet again...

This makes job about...20 or 30 in the last 2 or 3 months, which I know isn't a lot, but there's not a lot out there and I am working full time too, so I missed a few because I dind't jump on the ball.

There are about 5 other I want to get a resume and cover letter out too also, so I'll see if I can get that done too, but I just applied for this one today:




Executive Assistant
Date Posted: 11/5/04
Responsibilities:


This position supports the President and Vice-President, including in confidential work. Arranges travel for staff. Manages board communication. Attends to scheduling, meeting, filing, and contract details. Teams with the Administrative Assistant and others for phone coverage backup, computer systems managment and payroll.

Qualifications:

Specific skills needed are organizational management and prioritizing; detailed advance planning; graciousness and responsiveness; written and verbal communication; attention to detail and accuracy; project management; flexibility; and computer skills.

This position pays in the upper 20s to the low 30s and has a full benefit package.

To apply please send a letter of application and a resume to C. Browning, Civic Center of Greater Des Moines, 221 Walnut, Des Moines, Iowa, 50309 or cbrownin@civiccenter.org. Review of applications will begin November 12, 2004.




so...we'll see I guess. I know I could kick the shit out of that job, but can they see that? Probably not since I've applied for about 5 or 6 just for the Civic Center and haven't even gotten an interview.

The last job I applied for there I didn't even get a no thank you, I had to see on their site that someone got the position, but before I even saw that I had sent an e-mail and called the lady in charge of hiring for the position to let her know I was still interested and she did not return my call OR my e-mail, so I sent a polite but firm e-mail to the vice president telling her how unhappy with the whole process I was, so that probably wont help me in getting a position with that theatr ever, but it wont stop me from trying...and if I get the job and come in contact with that person who did a shitty job, I'll talk to her about it, I don't care, she didn't handle herself professionaly at all.

So that's that!

About me

  • I'm Lars
  • From Iowa, United States
My profile

Support World AIDS Day

Get Firefox!

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates