« Home | I have applied yet again... » | Jesus Christ Superstar: Ames, IA (11/09/04) » | » | R.I.P Howard Keel » | RENT - - The Movie » | Unmotivated/soul searching/no job/musical news and... » | My Cast Recordings » | How do I walk? What does my butt look like? » | Opening night » | In Clean Sweep, 11 States Pass Bans on Same-Sex Ma... » 

Thursday, November 11, 2004 

Graphic Design

There are a couple of graphic design projects that I want to do in my spare time, which isn't ANY (the little monkey is not wanting to go to sleep AGAIN, do you see me going more and more bald by the minute?), but I still want to do them.

1.) Make a family web site - I need to sharpen my web designing skills badly, and it would be something nice to have in the portfolio. Web designing is, by far, not by best feature, but I do know how to do it and I have done it before. I have a web site I made in high school with strictly HTML, I will not be giving you that address, I don't even know my username or password to get into it and update it so it's horribly immature, but then I did a site for my college theatre's web site, then I did a different design and I tooled around with that in my free time a couple years ago, and though I haven't worked on it in over a year, it is here -- Waldorf College Theatre Department well I think that's it at least. I guess we'll find out won't we. It would also be nice to have that going for me and my wife and little one and future little ones!

2.) I need to make a design for my future brother-in-law because he wants to run for office where they live and he wants nice letterhead and business cards, etc. So I NEED to do that, not just want.

3.) I want to do something in access where my sister-in-law and her fiance can enter people's names and addresses and then print out labels for invitations and then thank you cards for their wedding. That I want to do for them without telling them.

4.) I think it would be nice to try and design a wedding package for them too. Programs, invitations, thank you cards, etc. etc. But I don't want them to rely on me in case I fail :-(

5.) Then the always side need to teach myself Quark and Photoshop and InDesign. NEED to do that, but just don't have the time at ALL. Sucks...I'll never get a job :-(

SO, here's where YOU come in. I want each and every one of you to hold me to those things. Now, I don't have much time at all...especially with the little monkey not going to bed until 11 PM!! She is IN her room and must remain there, but she comes out for this and for that and for this and that, and it's an endless cycle until she finally conks out, it's not like she's screaming or we're letting her stay up, it's just impossible!!!

Ok, so there ya go, be my bosses ;-)

Oh Oh... you put it in writing! Don't you know that now you ARE absolutely responsible for making sure you follow through???? :)

LOL.
As for that site? Hee hee... Am I the only one thats seen it? *wink*

I remember when I designed my first homepage. It was all in html as well. I remember many 2 and 3:00 am bedtimes when I just couldn't quit!! I have to admit that when they came out with the 'builders' in 2001 or so I was smiling. Whew. So much easier. No thinking involved. ;)

So..
Was stopping in here to see if you had heard anything on the job scene yet. I will be crossing my fingers for ya!!!!!

Monday Morning Update:

I know you've been busy with the show but I wanted you to know I've been stopping by your blog. :)
Is your show going on next weekend?
When?
Where?
How much?
Tickets still available?
Email me details?

Looking for information and found it at this great site...
»

Looking for information and found it at this great site... »

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Lars
  • From Iowa, United States
My profile

Support World AIDS Day

Get Firefox!

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates