« Home | Wicked » | My question of the day » | I'm Sorry » | It's Been Filled... » | No Phone Call » | Haloscan? » | Job/House/Ebay » | What the hell kind of dream was that?!?! » | She Did It! » | Depending on this job... » 

Monday, April 18, 2005 

The weekend

Had a good weekend, I guess.

Friday went and saw The Secret Garden at ISU. It was pretty good. Staging was really good and the acting and singing was good (could have been stronger in places) but the thing to really bring from this show was how GOD-AWFUL the boy who played Colin was. He was beyond horrible. He spoke fast and in choppy sentences so you couldn't understand anything he said. His notes were basically never spot on. I felt bad for the couple people who had to *try* to sing duet lines with him.

See...the director, who is finally leaving ISU, hired him because (and I quote) "He is so cute that no one will notice (that he can't sing or act)" Well, I got news for ya, people can and do notice.

The girl who played Mary, now she was cute and good. He notes were spot on and her acting was very convincing in 90% of the places. Kuddos to her.

Saturday night we saw The Diaries of Adam and Eve at the Cottage on Broad in Story City. That was VERY good. My friend Andrea and Robby were the title characters. It is a show written by Mark Twain. It is so witty and inteligent and funny, and sometimes sad. It's just what it sounds like, a diary of thoughts from Adam and Eve from their creation. It's hard to quote lines from it because you kind of just have to read it or see it, but it was a very good show and very well acted.

Sunday I got to go golfing 18 holes with my buddy and then I had rehearsal.

Golfing didn't start out so good ;-) But I ended up getting my game back and feeling pretty good about it. I made some very good shots, but I still have a long way to go and it's just too expensive and time consuming to be able to play more than a dozen times a year and that's frustrating.

Rehearsal was blah. It's been three of us in the quartet for quite some time because this other dude just has too many things going on right now. It's always stressing me and my voice out and we're always going flat...it's just stressing and frustrating me more than it is fun right now, so I'm getting frustrated with it and that is not good.

I'm designing a couple models for what the JSTT site could look like because I'm working on that with my friend Tom, so that is always fun to do!

I have basically all the tools needed to make a wondeful site and to really grow as a web site designer, now I just need to learn to use them. With the help of Tom I think we can churn out some good products and I can grow with the programs and we can work together...so this is exciting.