« Home | More Stupidness in this society » | Potpourri » | Just too much to remember » | Graphic Design » | I have applied yet again... » | Jesus Christ Superstar: Ames, IA (11/09/04) » | » | R.I.P Howard Keel » | RENT - - The Movie » | Unmotivated/soul searching/no job/musical news and... » 

Thursday, November 18, 2004 

Whoppi Goldberg on Broadway

She has her new comedy show out on Broadway. She had done one previously in 1984, so 20 years later she's back.

According to broadway.com it's not very good. Some of it is funny, but what she has that's new isn't very good and she uses a bunch of her old stuff from 20 years ago. They said the first 40 minutes are all anti-Bush, which is just unfortunate. Then she gets into some cheap toilet humor to get some laughs.

Hmmm...I don't know, I didn't have much of an opinion on her before, I guess I thought she was funny, so it's too bad really. She will still probably get nominated for a Tony.

Also, I trust broadway.com. They are professional, not just some hack, fan site. They have very good reviewers and well respected. I've mostly agreed with all previous reviews, so I"m going off of this one. I am going to head over to playbill.com to see what they thought, if they even have a review up.