« Home | A lot of things » | Penguins... » | Is Bush Wired? Is Kerrry Cheating? Judge for Yours... » | Really funny high school picture! » | Broadway invades ISU... » | Poltical Funnies... » | Frustrated » | Absurd for the Theatre, or Theatre of the Absurd? » | I can't think of a catchy title this morning... » | Getting to know me... » 

Monday, October 11, 2004 

RENT, comments, etc

Thanks Jody and Meritt for the kind words :-) Veronica is not feeling better yet, but she'll get there. Kaia was very cute again tonight! She was saying she'd be Veronica's mommy to take care of her. She said to me "I hope Mommy gets better" and she was being all sweet. She's such a sweetheart.

Jody: Acupuncture...sounds scary and expensive! Hahahaha, yes I WAS very sneaky in saying "that man." muahahahaha :-) Yeah, you and Doug and little Brenna are most welcome to the show, if the time is right and you two would like to do that!

Meritt: You're awesome! We'll have to drop by the new home and see if it is someplace Kaia would like to hang out at every now and then ;-) And meet you and your family, of course. Unless we see everyone at a certain dinner theatre before then.

RENT!!! As everyone knows I obssess way more than I should with musical theatre and theatre in general and especially RENT. RENT used to be my fav. musical, it isn't so much anymore, I've of course moved on, but it still holds a special place in my heart and is still one of my favorites! Anywho, I've seen the show 10 times and now I'm going to see it when it's in my OWN town, Ames on October 22nd. See, that friend from Des Moines I talked about, well he's in between homes and starting pretty soon he'll be living on our couch in our apartment for a while, and even though he's my best friend, he wanted to repay us by taking us to RENT, so that's exciting and very generous of him! :-)

If you want to see my large collection of theatre memorabilia sometime just ask! :-) Even though I'm sure I'm the only one that really gets excited about my collection, still...it's better than slides of a vacation!

Clint Black is singing on the TV show Las Vegas and reminding us why we don't listen to country...now they may have good voices, and as a singer I most certainly appreciate that, but I just don't like country! :-)

And I wanted to share this...not because I want to show off or anything, because those that know me know I don't show off, don't have much to show off, but I got this e-mail from the pianist/organist of my church (little bit of info, I sang "O Holy Night" for the Christmas Eve service 2 years ago, and my sister and I sang "The Prayer" once and I've sung a couple other solos):

Hi Lars....I don't usually specifically ask people to sing for our Christmas Eve Service, but I'm making an exception this year and want you to consider singing Oh Holy Night, or if not that, then an equally beautiful Christmas piece of your choice. I'm hoping you'll agree to this and in so doing, add a little touch of excellence to the evening. Thanks. Emily

Now the only problem is, whether we're going to see the in-laws in Washington the week of Christmas or the week after Christmas...I'd love to sing for my church again :-) Then I always sing for V's church too. V's mom is a vocal instructor and in charge of music at their church and her dad is a high school band instructor...and he just broke his arm helping V's brother with his paper route! Ouch...

I love singing...more than anyone knows...it makes me feel so good and so happy...love it

goodnight all! :-D

About me

  • I'm Lars
  • From Iowa, United States
My profile

Support World AIDS Day

Get Firefox!

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates