« Home | Penguins... » | Is Bush Wired? Is Kerrry Cheating? Judge for Yours... » | Really funny high school picture! » | Broadway invades ISU... » | Poltical Funnies... » | Frustrated » | Absurd for the Theatre, or Theatre of the Absurd? » | I can't think of a catchy title this morning... » | Getting to know me... » | Nothingness » 

Monday, October 11, 2004 

A lot of things

There have been a lot of things that have happened since Friday, but I have such a bad memory that I don't even know where to begin.

I have a horrible memory, it sucks so much. I get in trouble with the wife because she tells me things and I forget things all the time. It's just uncanny how horrible my memory is. I will do something on Friday and my Monday when someone at work asks me what I did, I have forgotten already. Now it's not always true I can remember things, but it's weird...oh well

Well, one thing I do remember that was funny is at rehearsal on Saturday I was in the middle of one of my longer lines and all of a sudden I feel a little girl crawling between my legs and I hear "meow." It was the cutest thing in the world! Oh, and also apparently Kaia went up to my sister and said "I have to go tell Daddy I love him, because I love him and he has to know that I love him." :-D is all I have to say about that.

I got to hang out with one of my friends this weekend and it was fun! He lives only in Des Moines, but we don't ever see each other, he's really busy and I am with Kaia and if we were to travel there after work we'd get there and then in about 2 hours we'd have to go back home so Kaia could go to sleep.

I'm watching Family Guy right now and it is so funny it's hard to concentrate on this post, LOL.

I can't remember much of anything I wanted to post all this time I have been away from posting, so I'm afraid this is much more of a useless post that I thought. Great...

I sent my thingie in to make sure I'm registered in this county to vote, so I'll be taking care of that little deed. Got to make sure I do all I can to make sure that man doesn't get into office...;-)

My poor wife is sick and it's not very much fun at all. She has massive backaches and she did throw up a couple times at 5 in the morning and has tried again today as well, but nothing happened. Poor girl, I just wish there was something to be done, but there is nothing to do...she's just in a bunch of pain.

Then there's my litle girl. Poor girl, she has tons of congestion and drainage and has a little cough. She wakes herself up and can't get back to sleep because mucus and snot drains into her throat and it makes her cough it up, and she's only 2 so she doesn't know to get up and spit it out or anything, so she just swallows it and it all happens again.

I need to have my lines memorized for the show in 2 weeks. I have my first character down, his lines and his song, my second character has about 10 lines and I need to get those down, then my third character is the biggest and I have the hardest accent for him too, he has about 35 lines and he has a british/english/cockney/australian accent. Ha...it's only suppose to be British, but I have and always will suck at accents! My first character, thank the lord, is just American, so he's fine. My second character is Dutch, but I have this cooky over the top accent, because this whole show is suppose to be over the top and campy, so it works perfectly. Then my third character is suppose to be British and I have this huge mix of accents, and it works because it's suppose to be over the top. It'll be fun :-)


OH OH!! And Veronica got approved to be director of the 2006 JSTT musical. She will be doing Into the Woods and it's going to rock so much!!

Ugh...the two people that had a problem with it last meeting were NOT there for this meeting, and one person was that had a problem and it was because she heard from others problems and she was fighting for them. Well, guess what, it had been two months of meeting where the people with the problems have not shown up, so how much longer are we suppose to be polite and wait for the people to come try and talk everyone out of Veronica doing Into the Woods? It is a great show and it will turn out great, the tickets will be sold out, there will be a lot of auditioners and the best will get the parts and most everyone will love the show.

Their main concerns were that it wasn't a well known show...well that's just not true...it's a Sondheim show! He is one, if not the, greatest composer ever.

Another concern...it may not be a good show...well that's just not true either. It is done thousands of times a year all over the world, it has been done TWICE on Broadway...now a bad show does not get done on Broadway twice. They are some older people that are not used to change. Last year and this up coming year JSTT will be doing shows they've done before, when they haven't done that for 19 years. So it is time for a new show to be done again, and Into the Woods is SUCH a good show. Even for children. It is about fairy tales!

Sometimes they have trouble finding a director that wants to do a show for the year and they have a director who is ready two years in adavance, and they want to deny that person? Especially when they have a great show! The woman said "well, maybe we should wait to approve Veronica because it's two years in advance and someone might step up with a show to do." So I said "Well, then they can be approved to do their show in 2007 if it is a good idea." So basically hey want to wait for someone else to hopefully step up and take over Veronica because..eh, I don't even know why. It was ridiculous. Two years in advance for a major musical is a good thing, not a bad thing! Veronica is also going to assistant direct with Kathy for this up coming years The Music Man and Kathy has done many shows with JSTT, so for the people who don't think Veronica can do it, or anything like that, she will be under the direction of Kathy first. She is also in the middle of her major in theatre at ISU.

So their two reasons were 1.) It's not a well known show and 2.) It's too far in advance oh and 3.) It's not that big of a cast. 25 people, that is beautiful. They want The Music Man to be a 50 people cast! We have a smaller stage, 50 people is so over the top it hurts to think about. Into the Woods is such a drop dead awesome show that JSTT isn't going to know what hit them.

P.S. I'm a little excited to audition for The Music Man because I want to be the 1st tenor in the quartet! SUCH a fun part!

Oh well, maybe I'll be more insightful tomorrow!

i love "Into the Woods." i've never heard of anybody who hadn't heard of it, except for my fiancee, but he also hasn't heard of "Cats." but hey, he can quote you the entire Seattle Seahawks defensive line, so oh well, to each his own, i guess.

Wow, you have been busy. I saw on Meritt's site that there is sickness going around your house. Sorry to hear that. My nephews had a bit of it last week. Is Veronica sick or is the vomiting a side effect of the back pain? Has she tried acupuncture? Amazing stuff.

But sooo cute that Kaia had to tell you that she loves you. That has to just make every single bit of bad in the world disappear!

Sooo, you're going to vote...your comment about "that man" is vague. Very tricky.

And congrats to Veronica the Director. I hope it all pulls together for her. I do hope Doug & I will be able to see you perform in Story City. Are new babies welcome?

Wow. That was a mouthful for a man who couldn't remember what he was going to say! LOL.

Smiles to the Kaia story. What a neat life she's going to have growing up around the theater.

Glad to hear you are doing your part to ensure yourself complaining rights 3 months now. (hee hee). Hoping to heck Veronica is better SOON. As for your friend in DM? Give us 2 months to get there and get settled and I'll have a babysitter for ya. ;)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Lars
  • From Iowa, United States
My profile

Support World AIDS Day

Get Firefox!

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates