« Home | Poltical Funnies... » | Frustrated » | Absurd for the Theatre, or Theatre of the Absurd? » | I can't think of a catchy title this morning... » | Getting to know me... » | Nothingness » | Torn... » | Hello world, it's me... » | Twinkies...what? Yes, I said Twinkies » | More Theatre... » 

Thursday, October 07, 2004 

Broadway invades ISU...

Ugh...

Anyway, tomorrow ISU will have a visit from Randall Wreightt the producer of Little Women on Broadway ! How damn exciting is that?! He's currently the producer of the hit show Golda's Balcony However, it is at 3pm and I will be here at work and I don't have the luxury to use my PTO I have left, because we're trying to save it for the end of the year run out to the in-laws in Washington...grrr...would be so cool to get to hear a Broadway producer speak!!! Veronica, an ISU student, can't even go because stupid Target put her down for work when she told them she couldn't work. Mr. Wreightt graduated from freakin' ISU and is now a major Broadway producer...that is once again so cool!!! AND, his own production company is Iowa Boy Productions...even cooler!! :-) Oh well...so is life, eh?

I have included the little blurb from the ISU Theatre web site below.

In other news...eh, just not a good day. Some bad things are happening, but there isn't anything I really need to blog about...I'd just be letting steam off and everyone would have to read it and then start judging me, and we all know how much I like that!!

I'm slowing starting to teach myself Visual Basic...which I'm excited about! Should be worth while.

Oh..yeah...right...so I called one of the jobs I interviewed for THREE WEEKS AGO, and "Yeah, the position has been filled. I will keep your resume on file though in case anything comes up." THANKS FOR CALLING AND LETTING ME KNOW I DIDN"T HAVE THE JOB ASSHOLE. Very professional, you should be very proud dickface.

I haven't called the other place, though I assume I don't have that one either. Which might be ok since the benefits were so unbelievably bad that I was nervous he'd offer me the job and I'd have to tell him that he has to change his benefits or I just can't take the job...I have a wife and a kid, and the wife is in college, so I kind of can't wait a WHOLE YEAR for crappy health benefits to kick in. He had a whole three pages on benefits, vacation, sick time, etc. It was all a bunch of shit. It's him owning this small business, he has about 4 other employees and so he can get away with it, and he does. But I couldn't work that way.

Didn't post yesteday, I don't think at least, so I made up for it today by posting three times! :-) Might be more left in me, who knows! Tune in to find out. Same blog time, same blog channel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broadway producer Randall Wreightt will be on campus for Homecoming, October 8-10 as an honoree of the University; he has asked to speak with Performing Arts students and anyone else interested on Friday, October 8 at 3:00 in Pearson 214.

Randall graduated from Iowa State and took theatre classes while he was a student before going to Minneapolis, working for Disney and then starting his own production company, Iowa Boy Productions. He currently is a producer for "Golda's Balcony" on Broadway and his production of "Little Women; the Musical" will open on Broadway in January. He has also produced "Metamorphoses", the revival of "The Real Thing" and was an associate producer of the London premiere of "Three Tall Women".

I hope you will all take time out of your busy schedules to meet with Randall a week from tomorrow; he is a great person and will have lots to share with us.

For more infomation about Iowa Boy Productions visit these sites




http://www.littlewomenonbroadway.com
http://www.goldasbalcony.com
http://www.broadway.com/show_info.asp?SI=40030


Randall Wreghitt, Producer


Wreghitt is currently producing the acclaimed GOLDA’S BALCONY on Broadway at the Helen Hayes Theatre.

Last season he produced Kenneth Lonnergan’s THE LOBBY HERO on London’s West End, VELOCITY in Scotland at the Edinburgh Theatre Festival and the film A TALE OF TWO PIZZAS.

On Broadway Wreghitt has produced Mary Zimmerman’s Tony Award winning Broadway production of METAMORPHOSES, HEDDA GABLER starring Kate Burton, the Tony Award winning revival of ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO’S NEST starring Gary Sinese, Martin McDonagh’s THE LONESOME WEST, which was nominated for four Tony Awards, including Best Play; McDonagh’s four-time Tony Award winning play, THE BEAUTY QUEEN OF LEENANE; the acclaimed revival of ELECTRA starring Zoe Wanamaker (nominated for three Tony Awards, including Best Revival) and the musical, BAND IN BERLIN. He was the Associate Producer of the Tony Award winning Broadway revival of Tom Stoppard’s THE REAL THING.

Off Broadway productions include: THE WAVERLY GALLERY by Kenny Lonergan starring the legendary Eileen Heckert in the role that won her every major theater award including the Tony, Drama Desk, Obie, Lortel and Drama League. He also produced Douglas Carter Beane’s hit comedy, AS BEES IN HONEY DROWN; Karen Trott’s acclaimed one person musical, THE SPRINGHILL SINGING DISASTER; the hit revival of Mart Crowley’s THE BOYS IN THE BAND (Off-Broadway and on London’s West End); Nicky Silver’s long running hit, THE FOOD CHAIN; Mark St. Germaine’s award- winning comedy, CAMPING WITH HENRY & TOM; the Off-Broadway cult hit musical, ZOMBIE PROM. He was the Associate Producer of Edward Albee’s Pulitzer Prize-winning play THREE TALL WOMEN.

Future productions include the Broadway bound THE CRIPPLE OF INISHMAAN, the Off-Broadway VELOCITY and CRUSH THE INFAMOUS THING.

Wreghitt is the recipient of the 1996 Robert Whitehead Award for “outstanding achievement in commercial theatrical producing”. He serves on the Board of Director of Early Stages.

In addition, Wreghitt has created and heads Pro-Marketing, a marketing and promotions company that specializes in entertainment.

Sorry.

Sorry you didn't get the call letting you know you didn't get the job. Sorry you don't get the day off. Sorry the other job sucked. Sorry you had a crappy day.

Now... what was that you told ME when I had a crappy day? Blog it out!!!! LOL. Work it out through your blog. ;)

Post a Comment