« Home | Man... » | Murder at Cafe Noir » | The Greatest Invention in 50 Years » | Sleep deprivation » | New Template! » | Guess who's awake... » | RENT, comments, etc » | A lot of things » | Penguins... » | Is Bush Wired? Is Kerrry Cheating? Judge for Yours... » 

Friday, October 15, 2004 

The Penny...

Get rid of it. I'm sure there are probably plenty of reasons why it's still around, and plenty of things that might happen if we got rid of it, but you know what? Get rid of it.

I don't like the penny, no one likes the penny, except penny collectors, but then won't that make their collecting so much better because it'll be harder and harder to get pennies and feel better every time they get a penny they were lookin for? Yes it will, so get rid of the penny.

I don't like change much at all, but I'd much rather deal in increments of 5's than in 1's.

I don't much care that the price of everything might be jacked up a penny or a little more, society will learn to deal with it, they learn to deal with inflation don't they? Pretty soon it will be normal and no one will remember that they had to pay $20 for their remco electric shaver special TV offer, instead of $19.99. I don't want to pay $1.56 for my hotdog, I want to pay $1.55, but I'd pay $1.60 if that's the game they want to play.

So...get rid of it.

I swear I heard something along that line a couple years ago, but apparently nothing became of it. Is there anything in the house or senate or anything that is proposing to do this? Because I'll stand behind that!

P.S. Veronica is doing fine, Kaia is sleeping through the night for two nights in a row now! She still coughs some, but I think it's getting better too. She is going to be Dora the Explorer for Halloween, so we're getting started on that.

Kaia's birthday is in 8 days, October 23rd! She's the cutest 2 year old on the planet right now and in 8 days she'll be the cutest 3 year old :-) She's funny, sometimes she says the most grown-up things, it just makes Veronica and I laugh. She's already very stubborn and not listening to Mom and Dad...that's fun! But we hold strong and if she has to cry it out because she didn't get chocolate at 10 pm after she's already been in bed for an hour, then hey, that's how it is because Mommy and Daddy said so!

As weird as it sounds, I'm quite curious to see what she'll turn out as when she's a teenager and farther along. Just to see what she looks like and what kind of habits and personalities and morals we were able to squeeze in there. I sure hope she's a good kid!

I'm also quite excited to get her into school and events and what not that I can cheer her on and tell her how proud I am and support her and her school and help her with her homework and miss her so much when I send her off to camp or off to a church mission group. And I hope she gets the right friends and I hope she doesn't smoke and drink and break curfew(though I know the curfew will happen) but I never smoke or drank and I'm 23 now, so maybe she'll learn that or maybe she'll rebel and go the opposite, maybe she'll think Dad is cool for that, maybe she'll think Dad is a loser for that. Maybe she'll join choir and band and theatre, maybe it'll be sports, maybe she'll be recluse and have no friends(I sure hope that doesn't happen, I just don't see how it could with the parents she has!). Hopefully she'll meet the right man...no wait, she WILL meet the right man ;-) And no I'm not wishing her life away, just thinking, wondering, imagining. A daddy can do that right?

Lunch break is over...

Deep breath Dad... she's not even three yet! LOL. Don't worry; build a strong foundation and it gives them something to lean on.

Idea for the future that worked for me: When I was about 13 my Dad made a deal with me. Don't drink or smoke or do drugs until you are 18 (an adult) and he'd give me a thousand bucks. EASY OUT for me. I didn't like the taste of alcohol, and I could use my Dads 'bet' as my way out. :) I was the friend everyone dragged with to parties because they "didn't want to drink and didn't want to look stupid".

Just an idea... bribe Kaia. LOL.
So far mine are pretty smart without bribery - At 13 and 12 (and 8) they are still 'kids' and not trying to grow up too fast. Not impressed by drinking, drugs or smoking, and have excellent friends. Keeping them involved in sports, band, choir, etc. seems to help too.

damn... I wrote a book again.
Can't I EVER post a 'short' blog or comment!? HA!

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Dentist brooklyn toyota truck insurance data teeny boppers threesomes

Enjoyed a lot! » » »

Post a Comment