« Home | My Weekend » | The Test » | Test, kindergarten roundup, shoes, hernia » | Thanks BB it was fun! » | Scrotum Reduction » | Old and crabby » | Hey! » | Hard Drive » | Yeah, I suck at this Blogging thing now. I should... » | Memory » 

Saturday, June 16, 2007 

Father's Day in 50 minutes

Yay! I love Father's Day, because I love being a Father!

Last year in daycare Kaia made a mother's day gift and a father's day gift. They are AWESOME. This year she made a mother's day gift...but no father's day gift. I'm confused as to why they didn't make anything for father's day this year. But that's ok I guess, I just really love handmade things from her.

I was asked to sing for Father's Day at church, so I'm doing that. I was also asked to stand up with some of the other young dads and speak for a few minutes on the struggles and the joys of being a father -- I really didn't want to do that, but how do you say no? So I'm doing that too. Needless to say at 10:30 when my singing and my speaking is done I will be much more relieved. I'm singing a, hopefully, pretty easy but very beautiful song, so I'm actually looking forward to the song instead of dreading it like I am sometimes.

BIG news in my life is that I'm going to NYC to PERFORM! The show I was in last summer at the Iowa State Fair is going to NYC to perform. The shows writer/performer applied to have the show in the New York International Fringe Festival and it was accepted!! This fringe festival is the largest festival in the United States and the second largest in world. I am BEYOND excited. I am beside myself. I've known for about a month and a half by now and I'm still astonished! If you go to http://www.fringenyc.org you'll see what it's all about. We will start our rehearsals in July and be gone August 11-19th. I will have some evenings free to go see some Broadway shows! SO excited, but Company with Raul Esparza is closing before I get there, and that was my number one show to go see :-( But there is STILL plenty of shows I want to see on Broadway :-) We will have a bit of a new script from the last time we did it so that will be good. Still my favorite songs will be in there, some of which I get to sing.

Ok, very tired and nervous for tomorrow so I'm going to bed soon!

Labels: , , ,

Congratulations LARS!! That's SOOOOO EXCITING!!!! Please write and tell me all about it !!!!

Post a Comment