« Home | The Test » | Test, kindergarten roundup, shoes, hernia » | Thanks BB it was fun! » | Scrotum Reduction » | Old and crabby » | Hey! » | Hard Drive » | Yeah, I suck at this Blogging thing now. I should... » | Memory » | Agh! Sorry! » 

Monday, March 26, 2007 

My Weekend

Hey all!

I had a great weekend. Sorry I was gone, and not blogging. I was at a camp with my dad, one of my pastors and my friend for a Christian hunter's retreat.

We had a weekend of shooting guns, eating good food including wild game, and listening to a fantastic pastor preach to us. It's my 4th time going and it's so much fun.

The pastor's name is Terry and he used to pastor in Garner, but now he's a full-time missionary. Man, he's a great preacher.

There is also a worship band there and we sing some good songs, and another pastor named Randy comes with his dummy Helmer and he does a ventriloquist act and it is hilarious! He moves his lips, but it doesn't matter because he looks over at Helmer when he's speaking for him and he puts on an old man voice because his dummy is an old man and probably one of my favorite parts about him is he laughs at every joke, and it's such a sincere laugh, he's having such a good time and laughing like Helmer is telling the joke for the first time. It really is hilarious!

There's a clay pigeon shooting field, that's my favorite, and then there's a range for shooting pistols and high powered rifles, etc. I got to shoot my own pistol, the very first gun I've owned. My wife's grandfather passed away and he owned probably close to 100 guns and everyone in the family got to choose one, and I chose one of his 45's.

It was a great weekend.

What did you do for your weekend?

Guns and Jesus and Pigeons - oh my! tee hee... sorry, I had to tease you! Glad you had a good time!

Post a Comment