« Home | ARgh! Pirate Names Me Hardy's » | Whazzzzzzup » | Whizzball! » | Fire Alarms » | Oh yes...dead sexy!  » | Don't I belong in the GQ magazine?   » | Web Site Job » | I have beaten the evil dragons! » | Not Creative or Motivated » | Potpourri of Thoughts » 

Friday, April 01, 2005 

Rehearsals

It's going ok :-) Good parts and bad parts for sure, but I don't need to air that dirty laundry here. Because, I don't need to be saying what's going bad, because I"m far from perfect myself. Besides, who knows who reads this! I just found a friend from high school's blog, and was reading it, there was nothing bad there, but still...it's the fact that I was reading it and she didn't know it. This isn't a normal blog where you can make notes it's her own site she made and just makes it into an online journal type of thing.

I tell you, there is nothing like getting four guys together and harmonizing your butts off. Sure, we've only gotten together 4 times, there are a lot of kinks to work out, but it's feeling good on the parts where we are harmonizing. We're a long way away from being memorized and from adding our own little nuances to the songs, but it's fun! I tell you though, that is some HARD music! Ther are some very tight chords and some mashing notes that then resolve themselves. There are some parts where the second tenor is close to me, or the second tenor and baritone cross and the baritone is singing higher than the 2nd tenor. It's tough music! BUt we have TWO MONTHS, we'll just plug away and come through with a beautiful sound. :-D Still excited, little nervous and apprehensive still, at this point!

I'm really enjoying the guy playing Harold Hill too. He is a super nice guy, fun, and his voice is just phenomenal!

I think it'd be fun to get a clip of the quartet singing up onto the site here, but I don't know how I'd do that. First I'd have to get it taped, then somehow get it on our computer, then find the code to get that sound byte onto the site.

If I get it recorded I'll work towards doing that so y'all can hear! Maybe I'll wait till we get a little better ;-)

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Lou fusz mazda http://www.allergies-1.info

Post a Comment