« Home | Not Creative or Motivated » | Potpourri of Thoughts » | More on Gay Marriage » | Pseudoephedrine » | The Contender » | Don't ya just hate it when you make an ass of your... » | Face Memory » | A New Suit and some Mother F*&*#$$@ Ties » | Interesting Test » | Blogger » 

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 

I have beaten the evil dragons!

Ok, so I just got my router security locked so no one can steal our Internet anymore, but boy do I feel good!

Yesterday I was having "conflicting IP address" warning coming across my computer, so to me it seems like someone is messing with my Interent. And it was always "Aquiring Network Address" and that's not normal.

So, I call up D-Link. Surprisingly the guy's not from India (do you call people from India Indian?) but he did have an accent, so who knows where he was from. He talks me through it, it took all of 10 minutes and it was done and I know how to do it in the future and I did it myself to V's computer.

The last time I tried this it took an hour and then things ended up getting all fucked up anyway and so I hung up and fixed it so it was working at 54 mbps and unsecure, but at least it was working.

So, as you can tell I was hesitant to call, but I did, and all works fantastic.

Did I tell you about 2 weeks ago at 1 in the morning page 2 of SOMEONE ELSE'S college paper printed on our printer? Yeah, since our printer is wireless it's running through our router and someone must have somehow accessed our printer, though lord knows why they'd want to.

Which reminds me, our printer wont ever turn on, and I don't know why...gotta fix that.

Enjoyed a lot! » »

Post a Comment